Freiburg Institute of Advanced Studies Fellowships 2020/21
Freiburg Institute of Advanced Studies Germany Fellowships 2020 – The Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies is offering Individual FCFP fellowships for the academic year 2020/21
The current call invites applications for fellowships for the academic year 2020/21. The application deadline is 15 September 2019. Successful applicants will conduct their fellowship between September 2020 and September 2021.
- The University of Freiburg, one of the strongest research universities in Germany and a member of LERU (the League of European Research Universities), offers a fellowship program, the Marie S. Curie “FRIAS COFUND Fellowship Programme (FCFP)”
- About 25 incoming or reintegration fellows per year (juniors and seniors) from all disciplines are given the opportunity of spending three to twelve months working on their own research project at the university’s research college, the Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS).
- Successful applicants will become FRIAS fellows with all the corresponding rights and obligations for the requested funding period. Fellows without a work contract at their home institution will obtain an internationally attractive salary (Junior: ca. 4.600 € per month pre-tax; Senior: W3-equivalent professorial salary, ca. 7.000 € per month pre-tax).
- Senior fellows who stay on paid leave of absence from their home institution during the time of the fellowship will receive an additional contract as a guest professor at the University of Freiburg (ca. 3.050 € per month pre-tax) to compensate them for the extra costs of their stay in Freiburg.
- Career guidance is offered to each Junior Fellow. Since one of the aims of FRIAS is to foster cross-disciplinary communication, full-time presence at FRIAS is mandatory.
- Applicants must be in possession of a doctoral degree at the time of the application deadline;
- Junior scheme: completed Ph.D. plus one to six years post-doctoral experience at the time of the application deadline (Time off for family or medical reasons or non-academic professional activities is not counted towards these six years, the effective elapsed time is calculated in accordance with the ERC Standard Eligibility Conditions)
- Senior scheme: completed Ph.D. plus a minimum of six years post-doctoral research experience or a tenured professorship or equivalent permanent position at the time of the application deadline.
- Mobility rule: Researchers from all countries are eligible for the Marie S. Curie FCFP; however, applicants may not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in Germany for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately preceding the call deadline. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Applications are welcome from all disciplines that can be supported at the University of Freiburg. Applicants are encouraged to learn about the University of Freiburg’s profile of particular research strengths (www.uni-freiburg.de/forschung-en).
- According to the EU mobility rule, applicants may not (a) have resided or (b) have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in Germany for more than a total of 12 months during the 3-year period prior to the application deadline. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Information on the programme, the application and the selection process (required documents, guidelines on eligibility, evaluation criteria, timeline and stages of the selection process) is provided at: https://www.frias.uni-freiburg.de/en/funding-programmes/cofund.
Application Deadline: 15 September 2019; 24.00 h CET