FITM-AYUSH Fellowship for Doctoral & Postdoctoral Research 2019 at RIS
FITM -Ayush Fellowships 2019 – Applications are invited from full-time PhD scholars (registered with recognised Indian Universities/ Institutes) and PhD degrees holders for FITM-AYUSH Fellowships for Doctoral and Postdoctoral Research at Research & Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), New Delhi. Scholarships are available for Indian students.
Also See: Scholarships 2019
FITM-Ayush Fellowships 2019
- The Ministry of AYUSH has established the Forum on Indian Traditional Medicine (FITM) in RIS as a common platform for all actors and stakeholders to come together to contribute to pragmatic policy making in the area of Indian Traditional Medicines and to develop a proactive strategy to be espoused by India at the international level.
- Scholarships are available to pursue Postdoctoral and doctoral research at Research & Information System for Developing Countries (RIS), New Delhi.
Field of Study
- Selected candidates will undertake systems research that explores economic, sociological, politico-economic, trade, management, and/or IT/digital technology related aspects of Indian Traditional Medicine Systems with the aim of national and global promotion of these systems.
FITM-Ayush Fellowships Duration
- Two Years (Doctoral Fellowships) One year (Postdoctoral Fellowship)
- All inclusive maximum amount of up to Rs 5 lakh/- per year for Doctoral Fellowships
- All inclusive maximum amount of up to Rs 7.5 lakh/- per year for Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Scholarships are available for Indian students.
- Scholarship can be taken in India (New Delhi).
Eligibility Criteria for FITM-Ayush Fellowships 2019
- The Doctoral and Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are open to scholars with educational backgrounds in any of AYUSH disciplines. Additional qualification in any other specialization especially IT is desirable
- Outstanding candidates from other disciplines may be considered.
- The upper age limit for applicant for Doctoral Research Fellowship shall not be more than 28 years on the last date of application. The applicant for Post-Doctoral Fellow should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date of application
- The selection of the Research Fellows will be made by the Fellowship Committee of the FITM
- The applicant will be required to submit his/her particulars in the prescribed format, duly filled-in, along with a Proposal. The Proposal for the Doctoral Research Fellowship may or may not be similar to the Proposal for PhD thesis submitted to the University where the applicant is registered
- The Postdoctoral Fellow may submit a Proposal based on the area of research he/she intends to undertake during the Fellowship
- The validity of the award letter shall be one month from the date mentioned in the award letter. No extension beyond one month will be considered. Decision of the FITM in matters of selection for interview or for award of Fellowships, etc. shall be final and binding on the candidate
FITM-Ayush Fellowships 2019 Application Process
- Online applications will be invited on all India basis through press advertisement. The information with respect to inviting applications is also to be made available on the RIS /FITM website http://www.fitm.ris.org.in/fellowship and Ministry of AYUSH website www.ayush.gov.in
- Applicants are required to apply online. The Proposal is to broadly comply with the following guidelines:
- Title of the project.
- Statement of the Problem: In the opening paragraphs of the research proposal, the problem to be investigated should be stated clearly and briefly. The significance of the topic in the context of the ITMs should be explained.
- Overview of Literature: The overview of literature should summarize the current status of research, including major findings in the proposed area of study. The research Proposal should clearly establish the relevance of the approaches and findings to the objective of Research Fellowship.
- The Proposal is not to exceed a word limit of 3000
For further information on the scheme and application process please visit www.fitm.res.org.in/fellowship
FITM-Ayush Fellowships 2019 Important Date
- Last date of application Submission: 15th December 2018