Dr. S. Radhakrishan Chair and Fellowships 2019 for Rajya Sabha
Dr S.Radhakrishan Chair and Fellowships 2019 for Rajya Sabha – The Rajya Sabha, Parliament of India, New Delhi has invited applications from eminent scholars/academics of repute/experts with proven record of research/scholarship and publication, with relevant experience and suitable qualification, for Dr.S Radhakrishnan Chair and four Rajya Sabha Fellowships.
About Rajya Sabha instituted the Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Chair
- The Rajya Sabha instituted the Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Chair and the Rajya Sabha Fellowships Scheme in 2009 with the objective of promoting research on different aspects of parliamentary democracy in India
- The revamped scheme has been renamed as ‘Rajya Sabha Research and Study’ (RSRS) Scheme which includes
- (a) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Chair
- (b) Rajya Sabha Fellowships and also a third component named, Rajya Sabha Student Engagement Internships which is a new Internship Scheme introduced with the objective to acquaint the students with the working of Parliament of India, especially the Rajya Sabha.
See: Scholarships in India 2019
Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Chair
- The Chair is open to an eminent researcher/academic of repute/expert with proven record of research or scholarship and publications in the study of political system, democratic institutions and socio-economic challenges facing the nation
- Former Members of Parliament/State Legislatures and former officers of Parliament/State Legislature Secretariats are also eligible to apply.
- Applicant should hold Ph.D. in the area relevant to the subject of study. An applicant for the Chair shall not exceed 65 years of age at the time of application (to be relaxed by RAC in case of deserving applicant)
- Duration of the chair is for two years, from the date of the award of the Chair extendable up to one yea
- The research grant for the Chair shall be Rs.20 lakh for the entire period of two years which will be released in instalments as provided in the Guidelines.
- Besides, Rs. 2.5 lakh shall be provided as contingency grant for the entire period of two years. The entire cost of the research project shall have to be met by the Chair out of Research and Contingency Grant mentioned above.
See: National Scholarship 2019
Rajya Sabha Fellowships
- The Fellowship is open to scholars who have relevant educational qualification/experience for undertaking the study in line with the objective of the Scheme. Former Members of Parliament/ State Legislatures and former officers of Parliament/State Legislature Secretariats are also eligible to apply.
- Duration of the Fellowship is 18 months which is extendable up to six months.
- Applicant for the Fellowship should be between 25-65 years of age at the time of application (to be relaxed by RAC in case of deserving applicants)
- Applicant should have minimum Master’s Degree in Social Science, Law and other related disciplines relevant to the subject of study. Preference will be given to those who possess higher qualifications of M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- Areas of Study; Project Monitoring and Responsibilities of the Chair/Fellows; Publication of the Report of the Chair/Fellows etc; are given in the Scheme Guidelines at https://rajyasabha.nic.in/rsnew/publication_electronic/radha_fellow.pdf
- Duly filled in applications are to be sent to ‘Shri.S.D Nautiyal, Joint Secretary, Rajya Sabha Secretariat, Room No.517 (Fifth Floor), Parliament House Annexe, New Delhi-110001’. It may also be forwarded through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach latest by 31st August 2019
- For details, visit https://rajyasabha.nic.in/rsnew/fellowship/felloship_main.asp
- Last Date of Submission of Application Form is 31st August 2019