Chandigarh Government announces Post Matric Scholarship 2022 for SC Students, Apply now
Chandigarh Government Post Matric Scholarship 2022 for SC Students – Applications are invited for Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students, Chandigarh for the academic sesson 2022-23 is an initiative of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India to provide financial assistance to students studying in Class 11 to postdoctoral level
- The objective of the scheme is to provide/supplement financial assistance to the Scheduled Caste student studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
- These scholarships are available for studies in India only and are awarded by the Government of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs ie permanently settled or domiciled, as per the terms of domicile decided by the State, will be eligible to avail PMS-SC from the domiciled State/UT. The domicile State/UT shall keep the parent State informed with all particulars.
- Scheme Closing Date : Open till 30th November 2022
- Defective Application Verification Date : Open till 15th December 2022
- Institute Verification : Open till 15th December 2022
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification : Open till 31st December 2022
- To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be a permanent resident of Chandigarh
- belong to the Scheduled Caste category
- be pursuing studies at the post-matric or post-secondary level i.e Class 11 to Postdoctoral level at any Government-recognized Institution/College/University
- belong to a family where annual income from all the sources is less than INR 2.50 lakh
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits –
|Group||Courses||Hosteller (In INR per month)||Day Scholars (In INR per month)|
|Group I||i) Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.|
ii) Postgraduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
iii) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.e)
iv) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.)
v) LLB, Integrated LLB, L.L.M.
|Group II||a) Graduate/ Postgraduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other paramedical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2)|
b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group-I (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma etc.)
|Group III||Graduate and Post Graduate Courses not covered under Group me & Group II eg BA/ BSc/ B.Com etc. MA/ MSc / M.Com / MEd. / M.Pharma etc.||570||300|
|Group IV||All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.||380||230|
- Applications will be called for through National Scholarship Portal www.scholarships.gov.in
- The applicants should submit their application through the online system within the last date prescribed for receipt of application.
- All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website