Department of Education, Chandigarh Administration announces Post Matric Scholarship 2020-21 for SC Students
Chandigarh Government Post Matric Scholarship 2020 for SC Students – Department of Education, Chandigarh Administration invites online application from students studying in class 11 to Postdoctoral Level and belongs to Scheduled Caste category for Post Matric Scholarship 2020-21
Check out more details on Chandigarh Government Post Matric Scholarship 2020 for SC Students from the page below.
The objective of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to eligible students to pursue their studies at the post-matriculation level. The selected scholars will receive variable awards under this scheme.
The Scholarship is available for studies in India only and is awarded by the government of the State/ Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. permanently settled.
Chandigarh Government Post Matric Scholarship 2020 for SC Students Important Dates
Last Date for Submission of Post Matric Scholarship for SC application is
10th November 2020
Defective Verification is Open till
16th November 2020
Institute Verification is Open till
16th November 2020
Eligibility Criteria for Chandigarh Government Post Matric Scholarship 2020 for SC Students
- The scholarships are open to nationals of India.
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post matriculation for post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions.
- Only those candidates who belong to Scheduled Castes so specified in relation to the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs will be eligible.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subjects e.g. I.Sc. after I.A. or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in other subjects will not be eligible. Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g. L.L.B. after B.T./B.Ed. will not be eligible.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education.
Duration & Renewal of Awards
- The award once made will be tenable from the stage at which it is given to the completion of course subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance.
- The selected candidates will receive -Maintenance allowance of up to INR 1,200 per month for hostellers and up to INR 550 per month for day scholars up to a duration of 10 months.
- Study tour charges of up to INR 1,600 per annum
- Thesis typing/printing charges of up to INR 1,600 Book allowance of INR 1,200 per annum
Chandigarh Government Post Matric Scholarship 2020 for SC Students Application Process
- The application forms are available from the website www.chdeducation.gov.in or forms are obtainable from the office of Director of Higher Education (DHE), UT, Sector-9D, Chandigarh at any time and should reach the said office complete in all respects by 16th November 2020
- Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of Institution, being attended or last attended by the applicant and shall be addressed to an officer specified for this purpose by the Govt. of State/.U.T. to which student belongs, in accordance with the institutions issued by them from time to time.
- Applicants belonging to one State but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authorities in that State.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website