Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship 2023 for College and University Students
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023 – Department of Higher Education invites applications for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship 2023 for College and university Students to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
- To provide financial assistance to meritorious students from poor families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
- The scholarships are awarded by the Ministry of Education, Government of India on the basis of results of Higher Secondary / Class XII Board Examination. A maximum of 82,000 fresh scholarships per annum are provided for pursuing graduate / postgraduate degree in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc.
Allocation of Scholarship
- The total number of scholarships are divided amongst the State Education Boards based on the State’s population in the age group of 18-25 years, after segregating share of CBSE and ICSE on the basis of number of students passing out from various Boards in the country. 50% of the scholarships are earmarked for girls. Out of the total scholarship slots earmarked for UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, 3% slots shall be earmarked for the students from the UT of Ladakh.
- Scheme Closing Date : Open till 31st December 2023
- Defective application Verification Date : Open till Not Available
- Institute Verification : Open till Opening Soon
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification : Opening Soon
- Students who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent;
- Pursuing regular degree courses and not correspondence or distance mode or pursuing Diploma courses;
- Pursuing courses at colleges/institutions recognized by All India Council for Technical Education and respective Regulatory Bodies concerned;
- Not availing benefit of any other scholarship schemes including State run scholarship schemes/ fee waiver & reimbursement scheme;
- Students with gross parental/family income upto Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum are eligible for scholarship under the scheme. Income certificate will be required only for the fresh applicants;
- The applications are received online only. Verification of credentials of the students like caste, educational qualifications etc. are done through the DIGILOCKER facility of the MeITY, Govt. of India.
- National Scholarships Portal (NSP) (www.scholarships.gov.in) will provide the timelines for opening & closing of the portal.
- The Guidelines for application, verification, selection and disbursement of scholarship will be as per the NSP.
- Selection list would be generated/displayed on NSP.
- Online applications will be verified at two levels i.e by the Institute, where the student is studying and thereafter by the concerned State Higher Education Department or any other Agency/ Official nominated by the State as State Nodal Agency (both for fresh and renewal applicants).
- Latest guideline on Timelines will be made available on NSP
Rate of Scholarships
- The rate of scholarship is Rs.12,000/- per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs.20,000/- per annum at PostGraduation level. Students pursuing professional courses, in case, where the duration of course is five (5) years/Integrated course will get Rs. 20,000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year. However, students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech, B.Engg. will get scholarship up to graduation level only i.e. Rs. 12,000 p.a. for 1st, 2nd and 3rd year and Rs. 20,000 in the 4th year.
- Note: The rate of scholarship is Rs.10,000/- per annum for first three years of fresh/ renewal scholarships with respect to academic year 2022-23, even if the actual release happens in FY 2023-24
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website