Department of School Education & Literacy announces Central Sector National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2023-24, Apply Now
Central Sector National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2023 – Online applications are invited from the Department of School Education & Literacy for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2023-24. Interested candidates can check out more details on Central Sector National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship 2023 from the page below.
Central Sector National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2023
- Under this scheme, 100,000 scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 3,50,000/- per annum from all sources. Each State /UT have fixed quota of scholarship as given at Annexure of the concerned age group of class VII and VIII. The scheme would provide reservation to different categories of students as per the State/UT norms; as different States/UTs have their own norms of reservation.
- These scholarships will be provided on yearly basis to the students studying as regular students in class IX in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools which will be renewed for classes X, XI and XII. Thus the scholarships will be for a maximum period of four years.
- The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month.
- A separate examination shall be conducted by the State Governments/UT Administrations for selection of students for the award of the National Means cum-Merit Scholarships in the States/UTs.
- Scheme Closing Date : Open till 30th November 2023
- Defective Verification : Open till 15th December 2023
- Institute Verification :Open till 15th December 2023
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification : To be announced
General Eligibility Conditions
An awardee is eligible for the scholarship provided he/she:
- takes up studies in approved courses.
- maintains good conduct as certified by the Head of the College/Institution and continues his/her studies as a regular student in a Government/Government-aided
/Local Body school.
- does not absent himself/herself without proper leave.
- takes up studies on a whole time basis.
- does not take up any job
Eligibility and other conditions for starting and continuing of Scholarship at
Secondary and Higher Secondary Stage
- The awardees should get a clear promotion from class VIII to Class IX for being eligible for starting the scholarship.
- The scholarship at the secondary and higher secondary stage or equivalent classes IX to XII is payable for a maximum period of four years for studies in India only.
- No scholarship at this stage is payable for studying diploma/certificate level courses.
- For continuing the scholarship in class X and XII, the awardees should get clear promotion from class IX to class X and from class XI to class XII in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST students)
- Students can apply for Central Sector National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2023-24 through National Scholarship Portal – https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship.
- The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- The students shall have minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relax able by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
Mental Ability Test
- The Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc.
Scholastic Aptitude Test
- Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
Duration of the Test
- Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
Declaration of Results
- For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. For the SC/ST students, this cut off will be 32% marks.
- At the time of selection for the award of scholarship the student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 5 % relaxation for SC/ST students.
- The awardees should satisfy the eligibilities and the conditions mentioned in the scheme.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website