Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) Hyderabad announces Research Scholars Program (RSP-I) 2024, Apply Now
CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholarship 2024 – Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad invites applications from highly motivated candidates, willing to take up challenges in modern biology, for admissions to the Research Scholars Program. (RSP-I) 2024 beginning February / March 2024. The CDFD (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad,is an autonomous organization funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. It is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts cutting edge basic and translational research in frontier areas of modern biology. Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, CDFD especially encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply. Read on for more details on CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholars Program (RSP-I) 2024
CDFD Hyderabad Research Scholars Program 2024
- The CDFD (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics), Hyderabad, is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts cutting edge basic and translational research in frontier areas of modern biology.
- Our current research themes include:
- Cell & Molecular Biology
- Computational Biology
- Disease Biology
- Molecular Microbiology
- Last date for submitting online application: December 15, 2023
- Display of shortlist for interview – Last week of December, 2023
- Date(s) of Interview – Late January / early February, 2024 [Date(s): To be announced later
- To be eligible for Admission to the CDFD – RSP – I – 2024, the candidate must have:
- A Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture OR MBBS from a recognized University / Institute. Candidates who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply.
- Qualified for a Junior Research Fellowship from CSIR / UGC / DBT / ICMR / INSPIRE / JEST / UGC – RGNF or any other similar examination with fellowship.
- Candidates having qualified for Project – JRF under the ICMR funded project Scheme [which is only for a period of two years] OR DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech. [Biotechnology] degree OR DBT JRF NET under DBT – category – I list OR LS-NET qualification only in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination are NOT eligible.
- A valid fellowship is an ABSOLUTE requirement for pursuing Ph.D. at CDFD. However,
- If a candidate’s fellowship result is AWAITED, the candidate must UPDATE the fellowship status positively before the interview, via email to <[email protected]>.
- Though a candidate is allowed to submit an application without having qualified a valid fellowship, only those candidates who hold a valid fellowship will be eligible for interview.
- Interested candidates who fulfill the above conditions may register their names for RESEARCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM – I – 2024 by applying online through this portal ( http://www.cdfd.org.in/rsp/) .
- Please upload soft copies of certificates in support of date of birth, educational qualifications, reservation category (if applicable), and fellowship examination qualified. Please contact <[email protected]> for any queries.
- The Online application facility will be closed on December 15, 2025
- Director, CDFD reserves the right to accept / reject any or all applications.
- Admission to the CDFD – RSP – I – 2024 will be based on an interview via video conference; scheduled to be held at the end of May / beginning of June, 2024 (the exact dates will be informed along with the list of candidates shortlisted for the interview). The candidates should be available for more than one round of interviews, spread over a week, if needed.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website