Scheme of “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” for Meritorious Girl Students Belonging to The Minority Communities
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2022 – The ‘Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship’ for girl students belonging to the minority communities was earlier known as ‘Maulana Azad National Scholarship’
As per the notification, the scholarship will be awarded to the meritorious girl students belonging to Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis and Jains.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship 2022
About the Scheme
- The Scheme of “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” for Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship” and the same was launched by the then Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee at National Conference of Educational & Economic Development of Minorities held on 03.05.2003 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Last Date for Registration/Submission of Scholarship application is 30th September 2022
- Defective Application Verification Date: 16th October 2022
- Institute Verification: 16th October 2022
- The objective behind this scholarship is to recognise, promote and assist girl students belonging to national minorities who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support.
- Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipment required for the course and payment of Boarding/Lodging charges.
Amount of Scholarship
- Actual amount of scholarship will be provided for admission & course /tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned:
- Admission & Tuition Fee for Classes IX & X: Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) which will be released in two installments of Rs. 5000/- each
- Admission Tuition Fee for Class XI & XII: Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.12000/- (Rupees twelve thousand only) which will be released in two installments of Rs.6000/- each
Preference for Selection of Scholarship
- There are a fixed number of scholarships, hence preference for selection has been laid down. Students from BPL families, having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order
Renewal of Scholarship
- The Scholarship once awarded may be renewed during the next academic year on the production of a certificate that the student has passed the previous Class in first attempt with at-least 50% marks.
- Students once selected at any stage of class have to submit their applications for renewal at next stage of class there is no need to submit a fresh application at every stage
- Only girl students belonging to six notified Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis are eligible.
- Scholarship will be awarded to minorities’ girl students who are studying in Class 9th to 12th and have secured at-least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in previous class.
- Annual income of a student’s parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakh. Students have to submit the Income certificate of parents/guardian that should be issued by the Competent Authority declared by the State Government/UTs Administration.
- Students are advised to submit only “One Application Form”. In case if students submit more than one application form then all the applications submitted by students will be considered as “Duplicate” and will be “Rejected”.
- Amount of scholarship will be credited directly into the Beneficiary bank account through DBT mode.
- No scholarship shall be given for studies abroad for any course
- The selection procedure will be based on the criteria of parent’s/guardian’s annual income
- The selection of the eligible students will be primarily done on the basis of the lower income criteria among the students who have secured at least 50% marks in the previous exam, however there is a fixed no. of scholarship quota for each State/UTs based upon the population of the minorities in the concentrated area.
- The scheme is implemented through the Scholarship Portal of Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the Portal i.e. maef.nic.in, fill the form and take print out of the same and send it to MAEF office, with all the essential documents within stipulated time period.
- Students applying for scholarship for the first time need to “Register” on the portal as fresh applicant by providing accurate and authenticated information as printed on their documents in “Student Registration Form”
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website