BHU Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2020 – The Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi invites applications from eligible and meritorious candidates for the Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships for the year 2020-21 in various departments.
Interested candidates can apply for the BHU Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2020 on or before May 30, 2020. Read further for more details
About Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The Banaras Hindu University-a premier Indian university invites applications for a number of postdoctoral fellowships for Foreign Nationals, PIO & OCI, as a follow up on its recent elevation as the Institutions of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India.
- Designated as the ‘Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships’, this programme offers up to 100 positions in all disciplines of Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Other Professional Disciplines.
- These fellowships are awarded for a duration of 3 years which may be extended for another 2 years on the favorable evaluation by the concerned review committee
BHU Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2020 Important Date
|Last date for apply||30th May 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for BHU Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2020
- Ph.D. from the top 500 Institutions (THE or Q-S ranking) and a very good academic record throughout or a postdoctoral experience of three years from the top 500 Institutions (THE or Q-S ranking).
- Candidates have evidenced and independent research capability and have publications in high impact journals.
|Age limit||less than 35 years of age.|
- Rupees 1.00 lakh per month (approximately $1500 per month). In addition, the candidate will be entitled to an annual research grant of Rs. 3 lakh.
- Few campus accommodations are available at nominal rent.
How to Apply for BHU Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2020 – Application Process
|Application Forms are available on the BHU website https://www.bhu.ac.in/|
|Candidates applying for the Post-Doc positions are required to create a list of the following documents:||Proposed research plan (up to 500 words)|
|Curriculum Vitae with a list of all Publications. Format of Curriculum vitae available at the webpage of University.|
|PDF files of at least two and up to five important publications and a brief description of the candidate’s contribution.|
|Consent from a faculty member from BHU, who is willing to host may be attached.|
|Recommendation letter of thesis supervisor or PDF advisor.|
- The Candidates are requested to create a PDF file with all the above documents and required details which could be sent to the Coordinator, IoE Cell, BHU at: email@example.com latest by 30th May 2020.
- The PDF application also to be copied to the concerned Director/Dean/Head of the Institute/Faculty/Department/Centre and the faculty member willing to host.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website