Director of Government Examination Assam announces National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) Examination 2023-24 for Class 8 Students
Assam NMMS Scholarship 2023 – Director of Government Examination Assam invites online applications for Assam National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2023 from the students studying in class VIII to be held on 18th November 2023 in the state of Assam. The scholarship is sponsored by the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education and Govt. of India. Check more details about Assam National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme 2023 from the page given below.
About NMMS Scheme
- The Ministry for Human Resource Development, Govt. of India has launched centrally sponsored NMMSS. Under this scheme an exam will be conducted and selected candidates will get the scholarship.
- Every year 1,00,000 students will be selected throughout India. Out of which 2411 scholarships are being allotted to Residuary Assam and have been distributed among the districts based on enrollment in VII & VIII Classes and Child population for each academic year.
- Scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs.350,000/- per annum.
- Students studying as regular students in class IX, X, XI and XII in a Govt., Govt. -aided and local body schools for a maximum period of four years
- The amount of scholarship will be Rs.12000/- per annum @ Rs.1000 per month.
- Application Last Date – 10th October 2023
- Admit Card Issue Date – 1st November 2023
- NMMS Exam Date- 18th November 2023
- Students who are studying in class VIII are eligible for the NMMS exam.
- School – Only the students of Govt. and Provincialized schools under the Department of School Education, Govt. of Assam are eligible to get the scholarship. Students from Private schools, JNVs and KVs may appear in the exam, but they will not be selected for the scholarship.
- To Register for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) 2023 follow the below steps. To Register for National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) 2023 follow the below steps,
- Go to the website https://bidyarthi.co.in/
- Click on the link “National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Examination, 2023”
- Fill all the details in Application form
- Click on the “Submit” Button.
- Please go through the instructions for filling the online form.
Documents required for Online Form submission
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Photograph.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Signature.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Caste certificate (Only for OBC, SC and ST candidates).
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s Disability certificate (Disabled candidates).
- Scanned copy of Declaration. Click here for Download Declaration
- Candidates must use either Mozilla Firefox OR Google Chrome for best results.
- Applicants must have a valid Email id .
- Before filling the Online Application Form read the instructions carefully.
- Fill the Online Application Form carefully and upload a scanned photograph and signature (Size of photograph and signature should not be greater than 35KB, 30KB respectively. The photograph and signature should be either in ‘.jpeg’ or ‘.jpg’ format). It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Candidates not complying with these instructions or with unclear photographs are liable to be rejected.
- There is provision to make changes in the Online Application Form before submission. However, before clicking on the Submit button candidates should verify the entries made in Application Form. There is no provision to make changes in the Online Application Form once the Submit button is clicked.
State Level NMMSS Exam Pattern
- State level NMMSS exam is conducted in the month of November in every state.
- Mental Ability Test (MAT): 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
- Minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII exam is needed for appearing NMMSS examination (5% less for SC/ST students)
- Children with disabilities will be given extra time, as applicable.
Method of Selection
- For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
- The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. (For the SC/ST students, 32% marks)
- The student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII exam (50 % for SC/ST students)
- There are 40 centres in all over Assam.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website