ADB Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) 2020-21 for Graduate Students
Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program 2020 – The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) provides support for Master’s degree study in ADB-JSP approved fields of study at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UHM), and for participation in the educational, residential, and leadership development programs at the East-West Center (EWC).
ADB-JSP is a scholarship program that was established to strengthen human resource capacity in Asian Development Bank developing member countries. After completing their studies, scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and share their new knowledge and skills to promote socioeconomic development.
To make certain you are eligible to apply for the ADB-JSP Scholarship please carefully read the Basic Eligibility Requirements and Areas of Study Funded sections below.
Programs of Study
- Business Administration (Global MBA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GMAT (UHM only)
- Business Administration (Global MBA – Japan focus): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GMAT or GRE (UHM only)
- Economics (MA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Geography (MA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Law (LLM Degree, a one-year course of study for Foreign legal professional and law school graduates): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM)
- Natural Resources & Environmental Management (MS):TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Ocean and Resources Engineering (MS): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Oceanography (MS): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC &UHM); GRE (UHM only)
- Pacific Islands Studies (MA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM)
- Public Administration (MPA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM)
- In addition to submitting an ADB-JSP scholarship application to the East-West Center, a separate application (including all required supporting documents) must be submitted to the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa for admission into a Master’s degree program.
- The basic eligibility requirements for the ADB-JSP scholarship at the East-West Center are as follows. Applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a developing member country of the Asian Development Bank and not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- Have a 4-year bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree, at the time of application. (An equivalent could be a 3-year Bachelor’s degree plus a 1-year Master’s degree, or a 2-year bachelor’s degree plus a 2-year Master’s degree. This is subject to review.)
- I have at least 2 years of full-time professional work experience after a university degree at the time of application.
- Take one of the English proficiency tests; the minimum acceptable scores are 550 for the paper-based TOEFL; 213 for the computer-based TOEFL; and 79-80 for the internet-based TOEFL iBT; or 6.5 for the IELTS. Results must be taken from a test within the past two years.
- Applicants with the following experience are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship:
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have previously studied abroad, or who are seeking a second master’s degree are not eligible to apply.
- To make certain you are eligible to apply for the ADB-JSP Scholarship please read carefully all of the ADB-JSP eligibility requirements and criteria for selection on the ADB website at www.adb.org/JSP.
- To apply online, click here
- East-West Center – Award Services Office/ADB-JSP, 1601 East-West Road, John A. Burns Hall, Room 2066, Honolulu, Hawaii 96848-1601 USA, Email: email@example.com, Telephone: +1-808-944-7738, Fax: +1-808-944-7730
- The Last Date to apply is 01st December 2019
See: National Scholarship