AICTE announces Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2022 for Specially Abled Student Pursuing Technical Degree/Diploma Courses, Apply now
AICTE – Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2022 – All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) invites applications for Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2022 for Specially Abled Students pursuing Technical Degree/Diploma level courses
- Saksham is a MHRD Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing encouragement and support to specially-abled children to pursue technical education. This is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise specially-abled, the opportunity to study further and prepare for a successful future through technical education/ knowledge.
- Scheme Closing Date : Open till 17th January 2023
- Defective Verification: Open till 31st January 2023
- Institute Verification: Open till 31st January 2023
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification : Open till 15th February 2023
- The candidate should be admitted to the First year of Degree/ Diploma level course OR Second year of Degree/Diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
- Specially-abled student, having a disability of not less than 40%.
- Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by the State/UT Government needs to be enclosed.
Number of Scholarships
- All eligible specially-abled students admitted to First year of Degree/Diploma level course OR Second year of Degree/Diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution will get the scholarship.
Amount of Scholarship
- Rs. 50,000/- per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 4 years for first year admitted students and maximum 3 years for second year admitted students through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipments, softwares etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- No documentary proof needs to be attached for the above while availing benefits.
- The candidate fulfilling the eligibility conditions is required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) (https://scholarships.gov.in/) after initiation of application process and notice to be published on AICTE/NSP website.
- The host institution where the candidate is studying, will be required to verify the online application.
- The Department of Education (DTE) of respective State/ UT will verify these applications as a second level of scrutiny.
For more details and apply please visit the official website