Best MBA Entrance Exams in India – In India, there are more than 50 entrance exams conducted for MBA admissions. The top MBA entrance exam for MBA in India is a CAT exam. For the entrance exam, each exam consists of Written Entrance Test, Group Discussion, Personal Interview, and WAT (Written Ability Test).
MBA is surely a great option to boost your career in the corporate sector. It gives the potential to become more successful and earn more salary than normal graduates.
In this article, we would cover all about MBA, List of different MBA entrance exams in India, how to prepare for entrance exams, and much more.
What is an MBA?
Master of Business Administration or MBA is a two-year international level post-graduation degree that is planned to develop business and management skills required to kick-start a career in the corporate world.
A candidate is required to have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university to become eligible for the degree. MBA is available in three modes: Regular mode, Distance mode, and Part-Time mode. Candidates with relevant job experience from 5 years to 10 years can also pursue an Executive MBA.
Top MBA Entrance Exams in India are CAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, XAT, etc. Some institute level popular MBA entrance exams in India are SNAP, NMAT, and IIFT. State-level best MBA Entrance exams in India are MAH-CET, TANCET, KMAT, UPES MAT, HPU MAT, OJEE MAT, PGCET, etc.
How to Prepare for MBA Entrance Exams in India?
With so many MBA Entrance exams in India, students can face difficulties in preparing for multiple exams at one time. But all the MBA level entrance exams have some common sections: Quantitative Ability, English, General Awareness and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning.
To know more about CAT Syllabus, click here.
Some common MBA Entrance Exams Preparation Tips
- Be aware of the Syllabus for the entrance exam and make a proper schedule for the thorough preparation topic wise.
- Purchase valid preparation books or study materials that will help you clear and practice each topic.
- Know about your strong and weak topics and focus on weak topics as well.
- Focus more on solving questions as it will help you gain confidence and will make you gain experience in solving different types of questions.
- Solve more and more Mock Tests and Previous Entrance Exams papers.
- Keep in mind of Time and Accuracy. While practicing the mock tests, always solve the paper within the time frame of the entrance exams.
See more: Planning and Preparation for MBA Admissions
MBA Entrance Exam Preparation Books
- NCERT Mathematics Books Class X & XII
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT & Other Management Examinations – Arun Sharma
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT & Other Management Examinations – Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT – Nishit Sinha
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT & Other Management Examinations – Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning – R.S. Agarwal
- Current G.K. – Newspapers like The Hindu and The Economists, Arihant Current Affairs Daily
- Static G.K. – Static General Knowledge by A.P. Bhardwaj
Also read: MBA Group Discussion Tips
MBA Entrance Exams in India
Out of different MBA entrance exams in India, we present a table including all the information that you need to know such as Institutes that provide admission through an entrance exam, exam fees, and no. of students that appeared in the year 2019.
|Entrance Exam||Institutes providing Admission||Examination Fees (INR)||No. of Students appeared in 2019|
|CAT||IIMs, IITs, MDI, IMI, TAPMI, SPJIMR, FMS Delhi||1900||2,09,926|
|MAT||BIMTECH, Jaipuria, SDMIMD, JIMS, New Delhi Institute of Management||Pen-Paper Based/ Computer Based: 1650||Around 20,000|
|Both Mode: 2750|
|CMAT||IFMR, Jaipuria, N L Dalmia, K J Somaiya, GIM Goa||1400||1,20,000|
|XAT||XLRI Jamshedpur, SPJIMR, IMT, XIMB, TAPMI||1700||Around 75,000|
|ATMA||CIMR, SOIL, IMS, Welingkar||1298||Around 20,000|
|IIFT||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade||2000||55,000|
|SNAP||SIBM Pune, SCMHRD, SIOM Pune||1750||50,000|
|NMAT By GMAC||NMIMS Mumbai, ISB – APPBA, XUB, VIT Vellore||2000||More than 60,000|
|TANCET||Anna University, Madras University, SRM University, SSN School of Management, St. Joseph’s School of Management, Hallmark Business School, PSGIM Coimbatore||600||41,936|
|KMAT||IBA, AIMS, Alliance, ABBS, Kristu Jayanti||826||–|
|TSICET||Kakatiya University, Osmania University, Telangana University, Satavahana University||650||49,000|
|HPU MAT||Himachal Pradesh University, Arni University, Alakh Prakash Goyal University, Shoolini University||1100||–|
|IBSAT||IBS Hyderabad and other ICFAI B-Schools||1800||25,000|
|UPES MET||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||1350||Around 20,000|
|TISSNET||Tata Institute of Social Sciences||1030||37,000|
|OJEE MBA||Utkal University, United School of Business Management, RIMS Rourkela||1000||25,731|
|PGCET||AIMS Bangalore, Bangalore University, VTU Karnataka, IBA, Adarsh||650||20,000|
|MAH CET||PUMBA, SIMSREE, JBIMS, N L Dalmiya, CIMR||1000||1,06,000|
|APICET||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Sri Venkateswara University, Sree Vidyanikethan Engineering College, Andhra University||1200||62,692|
|IRMA SAT||Institute of Rural Management Anand||1400||–|
|IPU CET||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and other Affiliated Colleges||1000||40,600|
Read all about MBA Entrance Exams in India List
Want to know more about MBA?
How to choose the right Business School for an MBA?