Yale University Institute of Sacred Music Short-Term Fellowships 2019
Yale University ISM fellowship 2019 – The Yale Institute of Sacred Music supports short-term fellowships in Yale collections for research on the aural, material, visual, ritual, and textual cultures of religions.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
About the Fellowships
- These fellowships are restricted to work in Yale’s non-circulating collections, particularly at the Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library, the Collection of Musical Instruments, the Yale Center for British Art, the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History, and the Yale University Art Gallery.
- The fellowships are residential for one to three months. Researchers must free themselves of most other work during the fellowship period and are expected to reside in the vicinity of Yale.
- The ISM provides a grant toward round-trip travel (economy class) from the candidate’s home to New Haven and an honorarium for living expenses of $3,000 per month for doctoral candidates (ABD), or $4,000 per month for any scholar holding the doctorate
- Fellows are responsible for locating and funding their own housing.
Yale University ISM fellowship 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Fellowships are available both for doctoral students who are at the dissertation stage, and for any other scholars who hold the PhD or equivalent terminal degree.
- PhD or an equivalent terminal degree
Yale University ISM fellowship 2019 Application Form
- The detailed procedure for application is given here
- Send any inquiries regarding the collections themselves to the following addresses:
- Beinecke Library of Manuscripts and Rare Books – https://beinecke.library.yale.edu/about/staff?field_department_tid=10 (email curators directly)
- Yale Center for British Art – [email protected]
Yale University ISM fellowship 2019 Important Dates
- The Last Date to apply is 15th November 2018