American India Foundation (AIF) announces William J. Clinton Fellowship for Service in India
William J. Clinton Fellowship 2020 – American India Foundation (AIF) invites applications for the 2020-21 AIF’s William J. Clinton Fellowship for service in India.
The American India Foundation (AIF) is committed to catalyzing social and economic change in India, and build a lasting bridge between the United States and India through high-impact interventions in education, livelihoods, public health, and leadership development.
See : Scholarships 2020
About the Fellowship
- The William J. Clinton Fellowship for Service in India is an immersive, 10-month volunteer service program matching young professionals with development organizations. Fellows work on scalable and sustainable development projects in the fields of education, livelihoods, and public health.
- The AIF Clinton Fellowship is helping to shape the next generation of leaders committed to positive change while also strengthening civil society in both the U.S. and India.
- Open to U.S. Citizens, Indian Citizens, and U.S. Permanent Residents only.
Eligibility Criteria for William J. Clinton Fellowship 2020
- Be a U.S. or Indian citizen, or a U.S. permanent resident;
- Be between the ages of 21 and 34 on 01st September 2020;
- Have completed an undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree before the start of the program on 01st September 2020
- Fellows are expected to complete the following during their service in India:
- Meeting or exceeding expectations of the Fellowship, including upholding their commitment to AIF and their host organization
- Participation at Orientation, Midpoint, and Endpoint, and other program related events
- Adherence to the policies and agreements between Fellow, AIF and partner organizations
- For Indian Fellows, AIF provides domestic travel from their hometowns in India, insurance coverage, emergency support, and a monthly living stipend. Please note that the stipend is not a salary, but a living allowance designed to enable Fellows to volunteer in India.
- The stipend covers basic living expenses such as rent, meals and incidentals, and local transportation related to a Fellow’s project.
- AIF will begin reviewing applications after the deadline on January 20, 2020. Candidates who pass the written application stages will be notified by the end of March if they are invited for an in-person interview in April
- AIF hosts in-person interviews in the U.S. and India only; candidates are expected to travel to the nearest location if considered. Candidates who are short-listed after the in-person interviews will be invited for matching with potential host organizations through AIF’s project portal in May
- AIF will make the final offers to Fellows in June. July and August will be spent in pre-program preparations, including securing of visa for U.S. Fellows. Fellows will depart for Orientation in Delhi at the end of August. Exact dates vary and will be announced with candidates during the selection process.
William J. Clinton Fellowship 2020 Application Process
- Click here to apply online
- The application is a highly competitive, multi-stage process consisting of an online application, an in-person interview, and a competitive matching process for short-listed candidates.
- Please review this video for a step-by-step guide.
- If you require any support with the application, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter the subject line, “Applying as an AIF Clinton Fellow.” Given the volume of emails we receive, please be mindful that replies may take longer than usual.
William J. Clinton Fellowship 2020 Important Dates
Last Date of Application Submission
20th January 2020
AIF Program Date
1st September 2020 – 2nd July 2021