Wellcome Trust Training Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine 2018
Training Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine 2018
The Wellcome Trust is currently accepting applications for its Training Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine, offering research experience and training to early-stage researchers from low and middle-income countries
The scheme aims to support research that will improve public health and tropical medicine at a local, national and global level.
- A Training Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine is normally for three years and can be held on a part-time basis. The fellowship can be for up to four years if they want to do Masterâ€™s training or a diploma course relevant to the research proposal
- The support includes:
- A basic salary (determined by their host organization) personal removal expenses research expenses, directly related to their proposal course fees - in most cases, applicants must register for their higher degree at a local academic organization.
Also See : Scholarships 2018
- To be eligible applicant must be a researcher based in a low- or middle-income country
- Applicants must undertake a guided period of research so that they can consolidate their existing experience and explore new areas of research
Applicant must have:
- A PhD and be an early-career researcher
- A degree in a subject relevant to public health or tropical medicine and some initial research experience
- A degree in medicine and be qualified to enter higher specialist training and some initial research experience.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted online via given website https://wellcome.ac.uk/
- Submit your preliminary application here. View the Sample preliminary application form for Intermediate Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- View the Sample full application form: Training Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine here
View the Sample full Application Form:
- Training Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine here
- The Public Health and Tropical Medicine Interview Committee will shortlist applications. Interviews take place at the Wellcome offices in London
- Travel and accommodation costs will be provided. If successful, applicant must take up the fellowship within one year of the award.
- Application Deadline - Last Date to Apply Online: 19th May 2018
Gibbs Building, 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, UK, Tel.: Contact us +44 (0)20 7611 8888, Website https://wellcome.ac.uk/