UWE Bristol UK PhD Studentship Program in the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences 2019 January
UWE Bristol PhD Studentship Program 2019 – UWE Bristol, UK invites applications for PhD Studentship Program January 2019. A Partnership PhD studentship opportunity located in the Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences at UWE Bristol supported by a living stipend and tuition fees at Home/ EU rates.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
About the Studentship
- This exciting PhD opportunity is in partnership with West Wales Prostate Cancer charity, in an emerging area of diagnosing disease non-invasively using volatile (small molecules which can give samples a characteristic smell) markers of disease.
- The project will be focused on the analysis of volatile markers from the urine of prostate cancer sufferers and hospital controls. There has been much anecdotal evidence of dogs that are able to sniff out cancer.
- The studentship will start on 01st January 2019 and consists of an annual tax-free stipend of £14,777, subject to satisfactory progress, for three years
- In addition, full-time tuition fees will be covered for the length of the funding period.
- The studentship will only fully fund applicants who are eligible for Home/EU fees. Applicants who are normally required to cover international fees will have to cover the difference between the Home/EU and the overseas tuition fee rates.
Eligibilities for UK UWE Bristol PhD Studentship Program 2019
- A minimum of a good honours degree (minimum of upper second class honours degree) in a relevant scientific discipline (Chemical, Forensic, Biological or Biomedical Sciences).
- A recognized English language qualification is required.
UK UWE Bristol PhD Studentship Program 2019 Application Form
- Download and complete the Graduate School studentship application form and send it directly to the UWE Bristol Graduate School. Please ensure you include the title of the research project you propose to undertake, and detail why you are interested in undertaking this PhD project and what relevant knowledge, experience and qualifications you would bring to the research
- Please see the Graduate School studentship application guidance notes for further information about how to complete the application form.
- For an informal discussion about the studentship, please contact Dr Ben de Lacy Costello Ben.DeLacyCostello@uwe.ac.uk
UK UWE Bristol PhD Studentship Program 2019 Dates
- The Closing Date for Application: 05th November 2018
- The Start Date of this PhD Studentship: 01st January 2019