University of Pennsylvania announces Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Social Science 2019-2020 Academic Year
University of Pennsylvania Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 – The Penn Center for the Study of Ethnicity, Race, and Immigration invites applications for a one-year Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in the Social Sciences, starting 01st August 2019.
Also See : Scholarships
About the Program
- CSERI is a center initiative supported by the University of Pennsylvania and the School of Arts and Sciences. In addition to this post-doctoral fellowship, CSERI will host visiting scholars and graduate students, help organize workshops initiated by the Center’s Faculty Advisory Council, and support graduate and undergraduate student social science research at Penn.
- The 2019-2020 CSERI Postdoctoral Research Fellow will collaborate with CSERI faculty affiliates on research projects, help organize and participate in faculty/graduate student workshops, and aid in evaluating the progress of graduate students and undergraduates receiving research grants.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Pennsylvania Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019
- Applications are welcome from scholars who have received their Ph.D. or equivalent degrees in the Social Sciences in the last two years (not earlier than 2017), or who expect to complete their degree by July 2019.
- The stipend for the postdoctoral fellowship is $53,000 plus relevant fees and health insurance. The position also provides $2,500 in research support, with the opportunity to apply for additional funding.
University of Pennsylvania Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 Application Form
- Please submit all required materials through Interfolio at this link: apply.interfolio.com/54256
Documents to be uploaded:
- Cover Letter
- Title and Description of Proposed Research – No more than 1,000 words.
- CV – Indicate experience with both qualitative and quantitative research, experience with qualitative and statistical research software (e.g. R, STATA, ATLAS/TI, Dedoose, etc.) List other fellowships, funding and scholarships received, and all publications (please note refereed publications).
- Writing Sample – An article or an excerpt of a book or dissertations chapter (25 pages limit).
- Confidential Letters of Recommendation (two) – Referees should be asked both to comment on your proposed project and to discuss your qualifications and experience as a researcher.
- To receive full consideration, applications and letters of recommendation should be received by January 4, 2019
- If you have any questions, please contact CSERI Director Michael Jones-Correa, Ph.D., at email@example.com, or Anne Kalbach, CSERI Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Pennsylvania Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 Dates
- The last date to apply is 04th January 2019
- This one-year Postdoctoral Research Fellow appointment will be effective 01st August 2019