Department of Science & Technology (DST) announces Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme 2021 for Young Scientists
Swarna Jayanti Fellowships Scheme 2021 – Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India had instituted a scheme, “The Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme” to commemorate India’s fiftieth year of Independence.Applications for the “SwarnaJayanti Fellowships Scheme 2020-21” are invited from eligible candidates in the format as given on DST online portal.
Check out the post below for more details Swarna Jayanti Fellowships Scheme 2021
Swarnajayanti Fellowships Scheme
- Govt. of India had instituted a scheme “The Swarnajayanti Fellowships” to commemorate India’s fiftieth year of Independence.
- Under this scheme, a selected number of young scientists, with a proven track record, are provided special assistance and support to enable them to pursue basic research in frontier areas of science and technology.
- The fellowships are scientists specific and not institution-specific, very selective and have close academic monitoring.
Swarna Jayanti Fellowships Scheme 2021 Important Date
Last Date for submission of applications is
31st March 2021 by 23:59 hrs.
Nature of Support
- The award consists of a Fellowship of Rs 25000/- per month in addition to the salary drawn from the parent Institute along with a Research Grant of Rs 5 lakh per annum by Department of Science and Technology for a period of 5 years, while the project submitted by the selected Fellows will be considered for funding by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) as per SERB norms, for recurring and non-recurring heads.
- The duration of the fellowship will be for a period not exceeding five years.
Eligibility Criteria for Swarna Jayanti Fellowships Scheme 2021
- The applicant should possess a PhD in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine and should not be drawing Fellowship from any other Scheme of GOI.
- Scientists should be active in the frontier area of science and engineering with outstanding contributions in the form of research publications and/ or patents, peer recognition from the scientific community, awards, etc. in his/ her area of research.
- The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals having a regular position in a recognized Indian academic/research organization; the organization/institute should also undertake financial and other management responsibilities of the project throughout the five-year term in case fellowship is awarded to the scientist.
- The fellowship is open to scientists between 30 to 40 years of age as on 31st December 2021
- Applications from candidates who have completed 40 years of age as on or before 31st December 2021 will not be considered
Swarna Jayanti Fellowships Scheme 2021 Application Process
- Applications for the “Swarna Jayanti Fellowships Scheme 2021-22″ are invited from eligible candidates.
- Candidates may log on onlinedst.gov.in from 31st March 2021 to access the homepage of the “DST e-PMS Portal” for details and submit the application in online mode only.
- There is no need to send a hard copy
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website