SVSGC Scholarship 2019 – UGC announces Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences 2019
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship 2019 – University Grants Commission invites applications for Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child (SCSGC) Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences for the year 2019.
Also See : Scholarships
- This special scheme has been introduced with the objective of promoting girls and their education in the society, thereby providing a boost to increased sex ratio in favour of women and small family norm
- The objectives of the proposed scheme are – (a) To support higher education of single girl child in Social Sciences; (b) To recognize the value of observance of small family norm; (c) To recognize the norm of single girl child in society; (d) To propagate the concept of single girl child norm; (e) Promoting single girls in the society.
Eligibility for SVSGC Scholarship 2019
- Any single girl child of her parents
- Only girl child in the family without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughter may also apply for scholarship under the aforesaid scheme.
- In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme.
- The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full -time PhD program in Social Sciences in any recognized University/Institute. Admission to PhD Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme
- Girl students up to the age of 40 years for general and 45 years for the reserved category SC/ST/OBC and Physical handicapped at the time of admission in PhD courses are eligible
Amount of Scholarship
- The number of slots for fellowship may be decided every year on the basis of eligible applications complete in all respects, received through online mode. The financial assistance available under the scheme is as follows:
- Fellowship = Rs.25,000/- p.m. for Initial two years or; Rs.28,000/- p.m. for remaining tenure
- Contingency = Rs.10000/- p.a. for initial two years and; Rs.20500/- p.a. for remaining tenure
- Escorts/Reader Assistance = Rs. 2000/- p.m. in case of PWD candidates
SVSGC Scholarship 2019 Application Form
- Candidates have to apply online
- The guidelines of the scheme, detailed terms & conditions of the research grants, eligibility etc. may be seen by logging in the UGC Website www.ugc.ac.in
- Applications in the prescribed format may be submitted only through online mode latest by 06th January 2019 (non-extendable) by logging into website http://www.ugc.ac.in/svsgc
- Record of the non-selected candidates shall not be kept beyond three months from the date of declaration of results. On receipt of Joining Report (Annexure-I) of the candidate together with required documents, the UGC office/authorized agency would release the first installment of the admissible grant to the concerned beneficiary.
SVSGC Scholarship 2019 Dates
- Last Date for Submission of filled-in Application Form is 06th January 2019
For more details – Candidates may keep visiting UGC website www.ugc.ac.in