JNCASR Bangalore SRFP 2020 for Science and Engineering students
JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Program 2020 – Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) invites applications for its Summer Research Fellowship Program 2020, for motivated and talented Indian students in Science and engineering.
- The Centre offers Summer fellowships for two months to bright undergraduate and M.Sc. students (renewable for a second year for selected students)
- This Program has proved to be popular and competitive; each year, about 2000 students from all over India apply for the 50-60-80 fellowships awarded
- All the fellowships are supported by the Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India. Students are placed with research groups at JNCASR or with scientists elsewhere in India
Also See : Scholarships
Areas of Research
- Life Sciences: Infectious and non-infectious diseases, bioinformatics, developmental biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, genetics, life-history evolution, circadian biology, animal behaviour, behavioural ecology, evolutionary genetics, experimental evolution, population dynamics, phylogeography, neurophysiology, behavioural neurobiology and behavioural genetics and cell biology.
- Materials Sciences: Nano sciences, energy and green materials.
- Chemical Sciences: Solid state chemistry, theoretical and computational chemistry, organic, physical and inorganic chemistry,organic and asymmetric synthesis, medicinal and bio-organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, supramolecular chemistry and chemistry of nanomaterials, renewable energy and healthcare related materials chemistry.
- Physical Sciences: Condensed matter theory and experiment, statistical physics, semiconductor materials physics, biophysics, nano physics, organic electronics, computational materials science, soft matter, semiconductor interfaces, heterostructures, physical metallurgy and transmission electron microscopy.
- Engineering Sciences: Computational fluid dynamics using mesoscopic simulation techniques, dynamics and rheology of complex microstructured fluids including suspensions, emulsions and polymer solutions, flow of granular media, Active matter, Hydrodynamic stability of Newtonian and viscoelastic fluids, high Reynolds number flows and turbulence, nonlinear dynamics and chaos, vortex dynamics, heat and mass transfer, geophysical fluid dynamics, microfluidics, acoustofluidics, and microgravity science.
See: National Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Program 2020
Minimum academic Qualification
- Students who have secured not less than 80% in Maths. and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th standard or equivalent examinations, and not less than first class in graduation and post graduation (if applicable).
- Students presently studying in I and II year of B.Sc., I, II & III year of B.S., I, II & III year of B.E. /B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. and I-IV year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Life Sciences.
- Students presently studying in II & III year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year B.S., II, III & IV year of B.E/B.Tech., I year of
- M.Sc. and I-III year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Mathematics.
- Students presently IV year of BS-MS, I year of M.Sc. and IV year of Int. M.Sc. can apply for Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences.
- The students selected under this programme are placed with scientists at the Centre or elsewhere in India, for 2 continuous months with a stipend of Rs. 10000 /- p.m and travel support as per Centre’s norms.
JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Program 2020 Application Process
- Detailed Information & Application Form can be downloaded from http://www.jncasr.ac.in/fe/srfp.php The filled in application form with attested documents should reach the address “The Academic Coordinator, Fellowships and Extension Programs, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Jakkur P.O., Bangalore-560064”
JNCASR Summer Research Fellowship Program 2020 Important Dates
- Last Date for downloading Application form from Website: 6th December 2019
- Last Date for Receipt of completed Application Form: 13th December 2019
- Selected candidates will be intimated by: 28th February 2020
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
See: OBC Scholarship
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advance Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore, (A Deemed University) Jakkur P.O., Bangalore-560064, (In association with the Dept. of Science and Technology & Rajiv Gandhi Foundation, New Delhi), Tel.: 080-2208-2776, Website www.jncasr.ac.in