Sanskriti Foundation Geddes Scholarship 2018
Geddes Scholarship 2018 – The Sanskriti Foundation invites applications from students pursuing graduation/post-graduation/research level program in planning and architecture for Geddes Scholarship 2018
The key objective of the scholarship is not only to promote the understanding of Patrick Geddes’ principles of town planning but also advance interest in it.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
- Applications received before 31st December 2018 will be considered for fellowship of that year
- Sanskriti has also expanded the scope by including other institutions, like schools who would be interested in sensitizing school children at a time when they are reading history and social sciences. By way of a School Project, incorporating Geddes’ ideas, children will be introduced to the concepts of architecture and town planning
- The scholarship has been instituted in the joint memory of Patrick Geddes and his son Arthur Geddes, both of whom had a long association with India
- Patrick Geddes spent almost a decade in India after coming out during the First World War. He was impressed by India’s urban centers, and what he saw as a spirit of harmony between architecture, water-bodies, public spaces and trees.
- The scholarship is only open to Indian Nationals in the age group of 20 to 30
- The applicant must be a student of planning and architecture at a graduate/postgraduate/research level from a recognized university or institution and /or young practicing professionals
- The applicants can be an individual or can be a collaborative work of a group of individuals.
- The objective of the scholarship is to promote and advance interest in and understanding of Patrick Geddes’ principles of town planning
- This scholarship will provide an opportunity to create awareness among young planners and architects of Geddes’ principle of ‘place, work, and folk’
- The duration of the scholarship will be six months
- The scholarship of Rs 45,000 will be given in two phases; the first installment at the commencement of the scholarship and the second installment after the submission of the complete project report.
- Three months after the commencement of the work, an interim report should be submitted to the coordinator
- The report will be circulated to the Committee who may offer comments to the researcher to consider. The final report when submitted will also be reviewed by the committee and any changes required can be incorporated.
- On the successful completion of the study the candidate may be invited to present the findings in a seminar in Delhi.
- The applicant will have to sign an agreement with Sanskriti Pratishthan pertaining to a regular flow of work during the scholarship period
- Candidate should not be holding another scholarship/fellowship or working on any other project at the same time. In the event of non-completion and non-compliance to any of the terms and conditions mentioned above the scholarship amount must be returned.
- Interested Candidates should send a two page CV. The Full postal and telephonic contact details together with E-mail id should be submitted to facilitate contact
- The proposal should not merely be a compilation of reports but should contain a well researched proposal which would advance the application of the Geddes ideas, a plan of action including field visits and the availability of archival material relevant to that study
- A bibliography of the reports, websites browsed should accompany the proposal.
- The proposal can also focus on a section of the city/mohalla. The applicant has to expose the methodology of diagnostic survey and conservative surgery as a visible strategic option for the renewal of cities in India
- Priority will be given to such proposals which traces and advances the relevance of Geddes’ ideas and work
- Project proposal should be written in 1500 words with reference to the specific city /section/Mohalla
- The names and contact addresses/telephones of two referees should also be sent
- The application should bear the title ‘Sanskriti – Geddes Scholarship’ on the envelope if sent by post on head office address and in the subject line if e-mailed on firstname.lastname@example.org
C-11, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi-110016, Phone: +91-11-2696-3226, Email: email@example.com