Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation announces Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program 2019
Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program 2019 – Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program 2019 is an initiative of the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation which provides funds for three major activities
- The Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program funds three major activities
See: Scholarships in India 2019
- The Program will fund one or two students to work towards a 1-2 year Masters degree in a reputed academic program in ecology or conservation.
- The purpose of this Fellowship is to train the student recipients in the science and/or implementation of conservation; and to facilitate interaction with the larger international community involved in conservation science and practice.
- The Program will fund one or two recipients to carry out an internship of 6 weeks to 1 year with a university research group, NGO, government agency, or other organisation, known for its work in conservation science and practice in a country other than India.
- The purpose of the internship is for recipients of the fellowship to gain experience and insight in field ecology and conservation beyond what they would ordinarily gather from an academic degree program; and to facilitate interaction with the larger international community involved in conservation science and implementation.
Small Grants Program
- The Program will fund up to 5 recipients to carry out an initial project of up to 1 year that is expected to lead to a longer-term conservation science and/or implementation project
- Where appropriate, applicants for a small grant are encouraged to consider and include the potential role that local communities can play in conservation
- Stipend, course fees, one-way international travel, etc
Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program 2019 Eligibility and Selection
- Ravi Sankaran Fellowships are open to Indian nationals (who must also be resident in India at the time of applying) with a demonstrated deep interest in wildlife ecology and conservation through prior involvement in this field. Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any subject, and should normally be below 30 years of age on the first of July in the year of application
- Applicants must demonstrate their commitment to conservation and strongly justify how the fellowship will further conservation in India. The Fellowship particularly seeks young applicants with bold and unconventional ideas for tackling conservation problems
- Small Grant applicants must also submit a project proposal with budget. Full details accompany the application form for the specific activity
Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program 2019 Application Process
- There is a separate application form for each activity funded by the Ravi Sankaran Inlaks Fellowship Program. Please download and use the appropriate form for your application. All application forms are in Microsoft Word format.
- Master’s abroad (to print and post)
- Internship abroad (to print and post)
- Small Grant (to email; max file size 1Mb)
- Instructions on filling in and submitting the forms are contained within these files. Some fields have a word limit; please make sure you do not exceed this limit. In addition, please note:
- a) Type out your answers to all questions in the space provided (note that the space will expand if needed)
- b) Master’s and Internship applicants must enclose a letter of acceptance from the host institution
- c) We will contact your referees directly – please ask them not to send their letters until they have heard directly from us
- The completed form should reach us on or before the deadline – Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program, Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, C/o Inlaks India Foundation, 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400021
For queries about the fellowships, please email: email@example.com
Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program 2019 Important Dates
- Deadlines for Submission of Applications:
- Masters Abroad: 15th April 2019 (23:59 IST)
- Internship Abroad: 01st May 2019 (23:59 IST)
- Small Grants: 01st May 2019 (23:59 IST)
Note: To be considered for funding, your application must reach us on or before the deadline.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation
C/o Inlaks India Foundation, 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400021, Website www.ravisankaran.org