Raman Charpak Fellowship 2018 for PhD Students
Raman Charpak Fellowship 2018 for Indian & French PhD Students
Raman Charpak Fellowship 2018 for PhD Students - The Raman–Charpak Fellowship Program is in honour of two Nobel Laureates in Physics, Prof C.V. Raman, Indian Nobel Laureate and Prof Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate.
This Program implemented by the Indo French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/ CEFIPRA) aims at improving the doctoral skills of Indian and French students.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
- Launching - 12th April 2018
- Last Date for Submission is 31st May 2018
- Result - End of August 2018 (Tentative)
- Starting Date of Fellowship - October 2018 onwards
DST Raman Charpak Fellowship
- It also provides an exposure and experience about the current research methods and trends in France/India.
- The Raman-Charpak Fellowship is the only Indo-French bilateral Fellowship programme jointly funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India and the French Institute in India (IFI), French Embassy in India, Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Govt. of France
- Students can avail the fellowship for minimum of 2 months to maximum of 6 months
Fields of Research
- Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Sciences and Environmental Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering Sciences; Biological Sciences, Life and Medical Sciences; Materials Science; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and Physical Sciences
- Applicants from India must be Indian citizens and have registered for a PhD in a recognized university or research institution in India
- Applicants from France must be residing in France and have registered for a PhD in a recognized university or research institution in France
- Maximum 30 years as on 01st April 2018
- Students once supported by CEFIPRA, and students who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible
- For Indian Fellow - Fellowship Support of 1500 Euros per month for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus Social Security charges
- For French Fellow - Fellowship support Rs.40000 per month for daily expenses, local travel etc. plus accommodation charges not exceeding Rs.45000 per month
- A Fellow may be provided with an additional support (up to Euro 500 for Indian Fellows and equivalent support in Indian Rupees for French Fellows) for participating in a Seminar/Workshop during their term of the fellowship.
- Only online submission will be considered, candidates have to register and apply at www.cefipra.org or log on to: https://www.cefipra.org/raman-charpak-2018/
- Detailed description of the research plan/proposal (maximum up to 5 pages) in the prescribed format (see link below), which notably asks for: the title and the research work plan, an explanation of the expected benefit from his/her stay in the proposed Research Institute / University in France / India etc.
- A CV (maximum up to 2 pages) in the prescribed format (see link below) with recent photograph including summary of achievements and research interests, list of relevant publications (maximum 5 most important ones), etc.
- No Objection Certificate from Head of the Institution. (Only for Indian Applicants)
- A scan copy of passport (both front and back)
Dept. of Science & Technology
Director,Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research(Centre Franco-Indien pour la Promotion de la Recherche Avancée-CEFIPRA) Core 5B, Ground Floor, India Habitat Centre Lodhi Road,New Delhi-110003 (India), Websitewww.cefipra.org
Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
Here is al ist of Top PhD Entrance Exams in India. Visit the page to know about Entrance Exam Notifications of Top PhD Courses in India
Why do a Phd? - Reasons, Funding Schemes, Job Prospects
Why do a PhD? - Purpose, Opportunities, Funding Schemes. Check here the list of Important Schemes and Funding Opportunities available to do PhD in India