Internship Opportunity for Indian UG/PG Science & Engg Students at NTU, Singapore
NTU-India Connect Research Internship Program 2018 – is a university-wide short-term research program that lasts for 2 to 6 months. It is initiated to enable undergraduate and graduate students from Indian universities and institutes of higher learning to pursue their research interest at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU).
Students of this program will work under the supervision of NTU faculty, develop a strong research interest and expertise in a given research field, experience multicultural living, gain a network of friends and a better understanding of Singapore.
Eligible students may be given an allowance and are expected to fulfil a minimum of 2 months research attachment involving research project work at NTU. Student will also receive a certificate issued by NTU-India Connect office upon completion of the program
Also See : Scholarships 2019
- 1st August 2018 to 31st December 2018.
- Open to Pre-final year graduates / undergraduates who have not studied in NTU previously.
- B Tech / B.Sc. (Degree) 4 years Pre-final year – End of 3rd year
- M Tech / M.Sc. (Master) 2 years Pre-final year – End of 1st year
- M + B / M.Sc. + B.Sc. (Dual Degree) 5 years Pre-final year – End of 4th year
- Students must possess good academic track records.
- Must be a student pursuing his / her studies in an Indian University / Institute of higher learning upon the period of his / her internship with NTU.
- Students that meet the minimum requirement with scholarships, publication and internship experiences will be given preference.
Also See : Scholarships
- Student must indicate THREE Research Titles that he / she would like to apply for and the NTU Supervisor whom he / she wishes to work with. Please browse through the List of Research Titles and Supervisors for details. Only Research Titles stated on the website will be considered.
- The Academic Referee Letters (2 of such letters will be required) and Recommendation Letter are mandatory for submission of your application. Please have them ready upon completing the application form. Uploading of duplicate and / or wrongly attached document / late and / or incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Student will be referred to suggested faculty for their consent and if agreed internship offer will be made. Students who intend to have an internship for a longer period (> 2 months) must have a supervisor at the home institution and the supervisors at both institutions must come to a common understanding about the research project before the application is being considered.
- Before submitting the online application, please check that the information you have entered is accurate. You cannot make any changes to the online application once it has been submitted.
- If any required document is not submitted, or submitted in the wrong way, your application will not be assessed. For example, if your transcript from any one year or semester are missing your documentation is incomplete and therefore will not be assessed.
- Please take note of your application number; this will serve as your reference for tracking of your application status.
- Please use Internet Explorer to submit your application.
- If your home University / Institute is not listed in our online portal, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The grant is tenable only for the duration of the program at NTU. The grant may cover all or part of the following:
- One-time travel support to the extent of SGD300.
- A double occupancy accommodation inside or outside NTU (subject to availability).
- SGD300 per month (paid out on a monthly basis). A proportional amount will be given if your stay is less than a month.
- Reimbursement of miscellaneous fees such as Training Employment Pass (TEP) Application, TEP issuance & Visa fee, Matriculation Card, IT Facilities Fee, Registration Fee, University Copyright Fee and Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance (GHSI) Scheme with the final financial allowance pay-out.
- Accommodation on-campus may be provided within the program dates indicated. Accommodation is subject to availability for any period outside the program date indicated.
- Students who are unable to secure accommodation on campus may source the same through the Off-Campus Accommodation System (OCAS)
Training Employment Pass (TEP)
- All international students are required to obtain a valid TEP issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in order to participate in NTU-India Connect Research Internship Program.
- For more information, please visit the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) website.
For any queries, send an email to email@example.com. Or visit the website https://global.ntu.edu.sg/GMP/ic/Pages/default.aspx