National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) Bengaluru announces Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Energy and Environment Program 2020
NIAS Bengaluru Post-Doctoral Fellow Program 2020 – National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru has invited application for Post-Doctoral Fellow in the Energy & Environment Program 2020-21.
About Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF-EEP)
- National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) was conceived and founded in 1988 by the late Mr. J. R. D. Tata, who sought to create an institution to conduct advanced multidisciplinary research. Housed in a picturesque green campus in Bangalore the Institute serves as a forum to bring together individuals from diverse intellectual backgrounds, in the natural and life sciences, humanities, social sciences, and conflict and security studies.
- The philosophy underlying NIAS is given shape by its multidisciplinary research teams. The Institute is unique in its integrated approach to the study of intersections between science and technology, philosophy, social issues and leadership. The objective is to nurture a broad base of scholars, managers and leaders who would respond to the complex challenges that face contemporary India and global society, with insight, sensitivity, confidence and dedication. Please go through our website (www.nias.res.in) for more details. NIAS is recognized as a center for research by the Government of India and several universities.
- The Energy and Environment Program (EEP) is currently implementing a research grant from the Department of Science & Technology (DST) which will extend up to June 2021.
NIAS Bengaluru Post-Doctoral Fellow Program 2020 Important Date
Last date of submission of application form
31st December 2020
- The monthly emolument for this position is Rs 47,000 + HRA (currently 24% of the basic fellowship amount).
Eligibility Criteria for NIAS Bengaluru Post-Doctoral Fellow Program 2020
NIAS Bengaluru Post-Doctoral Fellow Program 2020 Application Process
- Eligible applicants may apply in prescribed format on the official website https://www.nias.res.in/
- Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, two relevant publications and a brief statement of interest (not exceeding 1000 words) explaining their research plan in undertaking the project if given an opportunity to join the above-mentioned position at NIAS. Please collate all documents in a single electronic folder and email it to: email@example.com.
- NIAS will accept only applications submitted by email by 31st December 2020. Post-Doctoral Fellow for EEP Projects in the subject line of their email.
- Incomplete applications, applications not supported by relevant documents and applications received after the due date, will be rejected.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to deliver a talk on their previous work and proposed research plan before they are interviewed at NIAS through the online mode. Selected candidates will have to commence their research at NIAS within 15 days of receiving the letter of appointment. For additional information, applicants may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website