NCRA-TIFR for Jawaharlal Nehru Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2018
NCRA TIFR Jawaharlal Nehru Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2018 – The National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (NCRA-TIFR) Pune invites applications for Jawaharlal Nehru Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2018
Also See : Scholarships 2019
About the Post-Doctoral Fellowships
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Post-Doctoral Fellowships are prestigious Postdoctoral Positions, initiated to mark the golden jubilee of the inauguration of the main Tata Institute for Fundamental Research (TIFR) Mumbai Campus, by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in 1962.
- The research activities at National Centre for Radio Astrophysics NCRA-TIFR are centered on low-frequency radio astronomy, where NCRA-TIFR operates the Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT), a major international facility. NCRA-TIFR offers challenging opportunities to work at the frontiers of astronomy and astrophysics, as well as instrumentation and software development.
- The Centre has invited Applications for these fellowships, to be hosted at NCRA-TIFR, from Young Scientists of exceptional intellectual caliber.
Stream of Education
- The selected Post-Doctoral Fellows at NCRA-TIFR are expected to pursue a vigorous independent research program. The fellowship is meant for the applicants with backgrounds in radio astronomy, as well as other fields including theory, algorithm research, and observations in other wavebands.
- We especially encourage applicants whose research interests have potential synergies with radio astronomical studies or engineering activities, or which require a close engagement with the GMRT or the ORT.
Eligibility Criteria for NCRA TIFR Jawaharlal Nehru Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2018
- The candidates are required to have at least one year of postdoctoral experience before taking up the Fellowship.
- The selected Fellows will be given a salary on the basis of experience after the doctoral degree and ranges from Rs.55000 – Rs.75000/-
- The Post-doctoral fellows at NCRA-TIFR are also entitled to a contingency grant of Rs. 32,000 per year and are provided a travel grant of Rs. 3,00,000 over the course of the fellowship to enable them to travel for international conferences or for research collaborations
- They are also entitled to the on-campus housing (subject to availability), or a house rent allowance, and medical coverage under NCRA-TIFR’s medical scheme
Duration of Fellowship
- The appointments will be done for a maximum duration of two years, with continuations subject to a yearly review.
Application form for NCRA TIFR Jawaharlal Nehru Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2018
- The interested candidates may send their applications for the Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships, containing CV, Research Plan, and the names and e-mail addresses of three or more referees, to the Dean, NCRA-TIFR Faculty, at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- The candidates should also request their referees to send in recommendation letters. All applicants will automatically be considered for all available Post-Doctoral Fellowships at NCRA-TIFR.
Important Dates for NCRA TIFR Jawaharlal Nehru Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2018
- The Last Date for Application Form is 31st October 2018