NCERT Fellowship: NCERT Doctoral Fellowships 2018 for PhD Students in India. Check out more info on application, eligibility, dates, fees for NCERT Doctoral Fellowships 2018.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2018 Notification
NCERT Doctoral Fellowships 2018 – The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has invited applications from eligible candidates for NCERT Doctoral Fellowships 2018
NCERT Fellowship Details
- NCERT intends to offer fellowships to provide opportunities to young scholars to research the field of education from different disciplinary perspectives and to build the knowledge base of education in the contemporary context
- Towards this end, the NCERT intends to offer fellowships, named as NCERT Doctoral Fellowships, for conducting research at the doctoral level
Objectives of the NCERT Doctoral Fellowship
- To provide opportunities to young scholars to research the field of education from different disciplinary perspectives.
- To build the knowledge base of education in the contemporary context.
Scope of the NCERT Fellowship for PhD Students
- The NCERT Doctoral Fellowships are intended to enable young scholars to pursue doctoral research in education and other related disciplines. Doctoral Fellows can pursue their work in a recognized university/research institution of their choice.
- The NCERT encourages original thinking in conceptualization of the problem and use of innovative methodology in conduct of the research related to school education.
Priority Areas for NCERT Fellowship
Fellowship will be given for research pertaining to the following priority areas: Teacher Educators’ Education; Education of the Disadvantaged; Classroom Processes and Practices; Curricular Areas; Education for Peace; Psycho-social Development of Children; Any Burning Issue in School Education
NCERT Fellowship Amount
- NCERT Doctoral Fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs.23,000/- per month (for Non-NET) and Rs.25000/- per month (in case of NET qualified candidates) for a maximum period of three years from the date of permanent PhD Registration and/or date of selection in NCERT.
- They will also receive a contingency grant of Rs.10000/- per annum during this period
- The fellowship will commence from the date of joining by the candidate after furnishing the documents of permanent PhD Registration in NCERT and will terminate at the end of three years from the date of joining or with the submission of the doctoral thesis whichever is earlier
Eligibility Criteria for NCERT Doctoral Fellowships 2018
- Good Academic record with at least 60% marks at both Graduate and Post Graduate Levels.
- Candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. degree in a recognized university/ or working toward their PhD registration are eligible to apply.
Selection Procedure for NCERT Doctoral Fellowships 2018
- The procedure for short listing of applicants will be designed by NCERT. Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for an interview, which may also include presentation of the proposals
- Candidates will be paid second (sleeper) class train fare by the shortest route for attending the interview-cum-seminar
Reservation of Seats
- The statutory provisions for reservation of seats will be applicable to the candidates belonging to different categories
Application Form for NCERT Doctoral Fellowships 2018
- Application should be field in the prescribed format available online at the NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in. Only online applications will be accepted
- Proposals involving fresh ideas and innovative methodology related to school education in the country will be given preference
- Completed application forms should be accompanied by a concept paper of about 1500 words on the theme of the proposed research, which should contain statements about (a) rationale and objectives of the study, (b) conceptual framework, (c) proposed methodology, and (d) potential contribution of the study
NCERT Doctoral Fellowships 2018 Important Dates
- The last date of receiving Completed Application is one month from the publication of the advertisement in the newspaper.
NCERT New Delhi
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi, Zakir Husain Block, National Council of Educational Research and Training, Sri Aurobindo Marg New Delhi-110016, Website www.ncert.nic.in