NCERT announces Doctoral Fellowship Program 2019 for PhD Students in India
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2019 – The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has invited applications from eligible candidates for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Program 2019
Check out more info on application, eligibility, dates, fees for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2019.
Also See : Scholarships
NCERT Fellowship Details
- NCERT intends to offer fellowships to provide opportunities to young scholars to research the field of education from different disciplinary perspectives and to build the knowledge base of education in the contemporary context.
- Towards this end, the NCERT intends to offer fellowships, named as NCERT Doctoral Fellowships, for conducting research at the doctoral level.
Scope of the Scheme
- The NCERT Doctoral Fellowships are intended to enable young scholars to pursue doctoral research in education and other related disciplines. Doctoral Fellows can pursue their work in a recognized university/research institution of their choice.
- The NCERT encourages original thinking in conceptualization of the problem and use of innovative methodology in conduct of the research related to school education.
Priority Areas for NCERT Fellowship
- Fellowship will be given for research pertaining to the following priority areas: Teacher Educators’ Education; Education of the Disadvantaged; Classroom Processes and Practices; Curricular Areas; Education for Peace; Psycho-social Development of Children; Any Burning Issue in School Education
NCERT Fellowship Amount
- NCERT Doctoral Fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs.23,000/- per month (for Non-NET) and Rs.25,000/- per month (in case of NET qualified candidates) for a maximum period of three years from the date of permanent Ph.D. registration and/or date of selection in NCERT. They will also receive a contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- per annum during this period.
- The fellowship will commence from the date of joining by the candidate after furnishing the documents of permanent Ph.D. registration in NCERT and will terminate at the end of three years from the date of joining or with the submission of the doctoral thesis whichever is earlier.
Eligibility Criteria for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2019
- Good Academic record with at least 60% marks at both Graduate and Postgraduate Levels.
- Candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. degree in a recognized university/ or working toward their Ph.D. registration are eligible to apply.
- The procedure for short listing of applicants will be designed by NCERT.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for an interview, which may also include presentation of the proposals. Candidates will be paid second (sleeper) class train fare by the shortest route for attending the interview-cum-seminar.
Reservation of Seats
- The statutory provisions for reservation of seats will be applicable to the candidates belonging to different categories.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2019 Application Process
- Application should be filled in the prescribed format available on the NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in
- Completed application forms should be accompanied by a concept paper of about 1500 words on the theme of the proposed research, which should contain statements about (a) rationale and objectives of the study, (b) conceptual framework, (c) proposed methodology, and (d) potential contribution of the study. Attested copies of marksheets/certificates and proof of Ph.D. registration (if already registered) should also be sent with the application at the following address: Head, Division of Educational Research, Room No.14, 3rd Floor, Zakir Husain Block, National Council of Educational Research and Training, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi – 110016
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2019 Important Dates
- The last date of receiving completed application is one month from the publication of the advertisement in the newspaper.
NCERT New Delhi
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi, Zakir Husain Block, Sri Aurobindo Marg New Delhi-110016, Website www.ncert.nic.in