NCERT announces Doctoral Fellowship Program 2022 for PhD Students in India, Apply Now
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2022 – The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has invited applications from eligible candidates for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Program 2022.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2022
About NCERT Doctoral Fellowship
- The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an autonomous organization set up by the Government of India to advise and assist the Ministry of Human Resource Development at the center, and Education Departments of States/Union Territories in formulation and implementation of their policies and major programmes in the field of education, particularly for qualitative improvement of school education.
- The major constituent units of the NCERT are: (1) National Institute of Education (NIE), New Delhi, (2) Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET), New Delhi, (3) Pandit Sunderlal Sharma Central Institute of Vocational Education (PSSCIVE), Bhopal, (4) Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Ajmer, (5) Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal, (6) Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar, (7) Regional Institute of Education, Mysore, and (8) North-East Regional Institute of Education (NERIE), Shillong. Among several activities, the NCERT and its constituent units undertake, aid, promote and coordinate research in areas related to school education.
Scope of the Scheme
- The NCERT Doctoral Fellowships are intended to enable young scholars to pursue doctoral research in education and other related disciplines. Doctoral Fellows can pursue their work in a recognized university/research institution of their choice. The NCERT encourages original thinking in conceptualization of the problem and use of innovative methodology in conduct of the research related to school education.
- Application Process: Ongoing
- Last date of submission of application form : 23rd December 2022
- NCERT Doctoral Fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs.23,000/- per month (for Non-NET) and Rs.25,000/- per month (in case of NET qualified candidates) for a maximum period of three years from the date of permanent Ph.D. registration and/or date of selection in NCERT. They will also receive a contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- per annum during this period.
- The fellowship will commence from the date of joining by the candidate after furnishing the documents of permanent Ph.D. registration in NCERT and will terminate at the end of three years from the date of joining or with the submission of the doctoral thesis whichever is earlier.
- Good Academic record with at least 60% marks at both Graduate and Postgraduate Levels.
- Candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. degree in a recognized university/ or working toward their Ph.D. registration are eligible to apply.
- Application should be filled in the prescribed format available on the NCERT website (www.ncert.nic.in). Only online applications will be accepted.
- The last date of receiving completed applications is 23rd December 2022.
- The procedure for short listing of applicants will be designed by NCERT. Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for an interview, which may also include presentation of the proposals.
- Candidates will be paid second (sleeper) class train fare by the shortest route for attending the interview-cum-seminar.
For more details and to apply, please visit the official website