National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad Research Scholars Program 2018
NIAB Hyderabad Research Scholars Program 2018- National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad invites applications from highly motivated candidates, willing to take up challenges in modern biology, for admission to Research Scholars Program commencing from 15th April 2018 for the academic year 2018-19
The notification for National Institute NIAB Hyderabad Research Scholars 2018 has been announced.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
NIAB is an autonomous and premier institute of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. The Institute wishes to develop and harness novel and emerging biotechnological tools and applications, and take up research in cutting-edge areas for improving animal health and productivity as well as contribute to human health and welfare.
Online facility of application will open on: 19th February 2018
Online facility will be closed on: 5th March 2018
Interview of shortlisted candidates: 26th March 2018
Research Scholars Program beginning from: 15th April 2018
Name of the Program: Research Scholars Program
NIAB’s current research interests include
- Host-pathogen interactions and pathogenomics
- Next generation vaccines, diagnostics, adjuvants and drug delivery platforms
- Nutrition, metabolomics and metabolic disorders
- Genetics and genomics
- Gene and protein engineering
- Reproductive biotechnology
- Transgenic technology
- Human-animal interface and One Health
Also See : Scholarships
- Individuals desirous of seeking admission must have a Master’s degree in any branch of Life Science (M.Sc., M.Tech., M.V.Sc., or M.Pharm).
- Candidates must also have secured CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/INSPIRE NET JRF/UGC-RGNF or any other national research fellowship for 5 years.
- Applications will also be accepted from candidates who have secured a fellowship and have completed or are likely to complete the required courses in the academic year 2018-19.
- Having a fellowship is mandatory for consideration. The terms and conditions, fellowship amount etc. will be governed by the awarding funding agency subject to the Rules and conventions of the Institute.
- Candidates who meet the above eligibility criteria may apply online (link at www.niab.org.in)
- The online application facility will be open from 19th February 2018 to 05th March 2018
- No need to send the print out of applications
- Applications found to be in order will be screened, and only short-listed candidates will be called for interview to be conducted on 26/03/2018
- Candidates must make their own arrangements for any travel, boarding and lodging. No TA/DA will be paid by NIAB for attending the interview
- The results will be announced within a week of the interview
- Selected candidates are expected to join the RSP by 15/04/2018
- Those who have secured a fellowship and have completed or are likely to complete the required courses in the current academic year, will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the requirements at the time of joining
- NIAB reserves the right to accept / reject applications or candidature or admission in case of any discrepancy observed at any stage
Applicants having difficulty in accessing the portal may contact “The Senior Manager, National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB) at 040-2304-9403 or [email protected]
National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad
(An Autonomous Institute of Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt of India), D. No. 1-121/1, 4th and 5th Floors, Axis Clinicals Building, Opp. to Talkie Town, Miyapur, Hyderabad-500049, (Andhra Pradesh), Tel: +91-40-2304-9401, Website www.niab.org.in