Japanese Govt. MEXT Scholarships Programme for Foreign Research Students in Japan 2019
MEXT Japan Scholarships 2019 – Applications are open for MEXT Research Scholarships available for international students to study graduate courses at Japanese Universities either as a (non-degree) student or Regular Student for a Degree under the Japanese Government Scholarship Program for 2019
The scholarships offered are for three years, four years and five years respectively beginning from April 2020.
See: Scholarships in India
About the Japanese MEXT Scholarships
- Japanese Govt. Scholarship aims is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between your country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study and Research/Masters Course/PHD Course
Fields of Study & Subjects
- Specialized Training College (Three years): Specialized Training College is a 3 year program comprising of 1 year preparatory education in the Japanese language and 2 years of professional education in a Specialized Training College. A grantee who graduates will be awarded a certificate.
- The fields of study offered in the three-year scholarship programme are Technology, Personal Care and Nutrition, Education and Welfare, Business, Fashion and Home Economics, Culture and General Education and other fields.
- College of Technology (Four years): College of Technology is a 4 year program comprising of 1 year preparatory education in the Japanese language and specialized-education for 3 years prior to graduation. A grantee who graduates will be awarded an associates degree (diploma). The fields of specialization (major) offered in the four-year scholarship program are Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Information, Communication and Network Engineering, Materials Engineering, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Maritime Engineering and other fields.
- University (Undergraduate study) – (Five years): Undergraduate program is a 5 year program for those who wish to study in a Japanese University at undergraduate level, comprising of 1 year preparatory education in the Japanese language and a 4 years of Bachelor degree course. A grantee who successfully graduates will be awarded the degree of “Gakushi” (Bachelor’s degree)
- The fields of study offered in the five-year scholarship programme are Social Sciences and Humanities: Category A – Law, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese Language and others, Category B – Economics and Business Administration
- Allowance: 117,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
- Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan – MEXT will stipulate the travel schedule and route and provides an airline ticket to grantees who will arrive in Japan during the specified period stated in “4. (6) Arrival in Japan”
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Japan Scholarship 2019
- Candidates must be born between 2nd April 1995 and 01st April 2003.
- The candidates must have completed a twelve-year (higher secondary/senior secondary regular course or are expected to complete education by March 2020) of school education are eligible for studying in Specialized Training College (3 years) and in the University (5 years – Undergraduate).
- For studying in College of Technology (4 years), the candidates who have completed an eleven-year (higher secondary/senior secondary regular course) of school education are eligible. The selected candidates must be willing to undergo one-year intensive course of Japanese language and then receive education at a specialized training college/college of technology/university in Japan.
MEXT Japan Scholarship 2019 Selection Procedure
- Candidates applying for 3 years (specialized training college) and 4 years (college of technology), and 5 years (undergraduate) will have to appear for the exam in Chennai.
- The date is 13 July 2019 for 5 years (undergraduate), 14 July 2019 for 3 years (specialized training college) and 4 years (college of technology).
- Time schedule and the venue of the examination will be informed to the candidates accordingly. The final selection will be made by the MEXT and its results will be forwarded to the selected candidates by the end of January 2020, along with the name of the Institute/University.
See: National Scholarship 2019, Last Date, Registration
MEXT Japan Scholarship 2019 Application Procedure
- The application document can be submitted or can be sent by post/courier. For application form please click here: https://www.chennai.in.emb-japan.go.jp/files/000468590.pdf
- The application should contain the information in this order (1) Brief info (2) Application Form 3) Field of Study & Research Proposal and 4) Placement Preference form, mentioning subject Research Student and file name as field of study-name.pdf (e.g. physics-amit.pdf) should be sent to the Embassy through email as an attachment, by 14th June 2019, positively
- Email id: email@example.com
- Applications received on this email id only will be considered as submitted application
MEXT Japan Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date Receiving Complete Applications: 14th June 2019