Lady Tata Memorial Trust announces Junior Research Scholarship 2020
Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship 2020 – Applications are invited from Indian Nationals, from select Universities/Institutes/Laboratories, and strictly with first class academics (60% and above) from Class X up to date for the award of Junior Research Scholarship for the year 2020-2021 for scientific investigations having bearing directly or indirectly on the alleviation of human suffering from disease
Also See : Scholarships
About the Scholarship
- The Lady Tata Memorial Trust was established by Sir Dorabji Tata in April 1932 in memory of his wife, Lady Meherbai, who was struck with leukaemia in 1930 at the age of 50 and succumbed to the disease a year later in Wales, when she passed away on 18th June 1931.
- The Junior Scholarship is tenable in the first instance for a period of two years commencing from August each year.
- The Junior Research Scholarship (JRS) is offered to fresh M.B.B.S. / M.Sc. and is tenable in the first instance for a period of two years commencing from the date of joining as JR in the institute for Ph.D. work in 2020.
- Value of Award (per month) – Rs.31,000/-
- Contingency Grant (per month) – Rs.30,000/-
- At 25% of the basic value of the scholarship House Rent Allowance will be offered to scholars doing research work at Universities / Institutes /Laboratories, i.e. strictly in the following Metro Cities – Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad, being locations outside their place of permanent residence
- Scholars from other small towns / cities will receive HRA @ 10% of the basic value of their scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship 2020
- Applications are invited from Indian Nationals, from select Universities / Institutes / Laboratories, and strictly with first class academics (60% and above) from Class X up to date for the award of Junior Research Scholarship for the year 2020-2021 for scientific investigations having bearing directly or indirectly on the alleviation of human suffering from disease.
- The age limit as on 31st March 2020 is 27
Duration of Junior Research
- The duration of the Award will be initially for three years, extendable further by two years, on a review by the Trust’s Experts’ Committee.
- A Demand Draft of Rs.100/- being Processing Fee (non-refundable) should be forwarded in favour of the Lady Tata Memorial Trust, and the DD should be scanned and submitted in online form and original to be couriered to trusts office.
- Any application received without the scanned of DD, or forwarded through any other mode of payment, will be rejected without further correspondence with the applicant. Original DD should be couriered to trusts office
Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship 2020 Application Procedure
- Applicant to fill and upload a Letter from Applicant along with the online application available on the website
- Go to the following link https://www.ladytatatrust.org
- The candidate must forward the application through the Director of a recognised Research Institute or Laboratory where he/she proposes to work
- The application should be addressed to The Secretary, Lady Tata Memorial Trust, Bombay House, 24 Homi Mody Street Mumbai-400001, and submitted online on our website between 01st December 2019 to 15th January 2020
Lady Tata Memorial Trust Junior Research Scholarship 2020 Important Dates
Application should be Submitted Online on our Website from
01st December 2019
Application Deadline Date
15th January 2020