Department of Science and Technology (DST) announces Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2021 Fellowship Program
KVPY 2021 – The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, sponsored Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Program, which is being run by Indian Institute of Science. Applications are invited for the KVPY 2021 Fellowship program to encourage the students who are studying Basic Sciences to take up research careers in Science.
Check out the post for more details on Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowship Award 2021
KVPY 2021 Important Dates
- Start of Online Submission of Application Form: 12th July 2021
- Last Date for Closing of Online Application: 25th August 2021
- KVPY Aptitude Test: 07th November 2021
Eligibility Criteria for KVPY 2021
- KVPY Fellowships are given to Indian Nationals to Study in India (Students intending to pursue/ pursuing a undergraduate program under Distance Education scheme/correspondence course of any university are not eligible to apply).
Eligibility for Stream SA
- XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2021-22 and have secured a minimum of 75 (65% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Board examination are eligible to appear for the aptitude Test.
- Fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join for an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. ) in the academic year 2022-23 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in Science Subjects in the XII Standard /(+2) Board Exam
Eligibility for Stream SX
- Students enrolled in XII Standard / (+2) (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2021–21 and aspiring to join undergraduate programs in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S.) for the session 2021-22 during the academic year having secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects
Eligibility for Stream SB
- Students enrolled in the 1st year of B. Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. during the academic year 2021-22 and have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST&PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects both in the XII Standard / (+2) Board Exam and 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. are eligible to appear for the aptitude Test
Empowerment initiative in the KVPY Fellowship Program
- Students SC/ST: A certain number of fellowships exclusively for the meritorious SC/ST students under the various streams as stated above will be operated.
- Empowerment initiative for PWD: A certain number of fellowships under various streams as stated above will be operated for deserving Persons With Disabilities-Physically and Visually challenged students.
KVPY 2021 Application Process
- Applications are invited from Indian Nationals. However, as per the interim order (Final Order awaited) of the Hon’ble High Court of Karnataka OCI/PIO Students will be allowed to write the KVPY Aptitude Test 2021.
- Students may apply online at http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in clearly indicating the stream (i.e., SA/SX/SB)
- General Category – Rs, 1250/-
- SC/ST/PWD – Rs.625/-
- Application Fee once paid will not be refunded.
|Basic Sciences||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB – during 1st to 3rd years of – B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
- Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams, will be called for aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centers across the country
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website