King’s College Cambridge announces Stipendiary Junior Research Fellowship in Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences 2019-2023
Junior Research Fellowship 2019 at Kings College Cambridge – King’s College Cambridge invites applications for a four-year Junior Research Fellowship from those who are completing or have recently completed a doctorate and who intend to pursue a research project on some aspect of the study of representation intake 2019/2023
Also See : Scholarships 2019
About the Junior Research Fellowship
- King’s College Cambridge invites applications for a four-year Junior Research Fellowship from those who are completing or have recently completed
- Materialism has long been an important theme in both historical studies (Marx etc.) and in philosophy. In the last few years the theme of materiality, the way the physical properties of an object have cultural consequences, has inspired a vast body of research, giving rise to talk of a ‘material turn’ in literary and historical studies.
Stream of Education
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- The stipend attached to all Junior Research Fellowships is £21,290 (pre award of doctorate) rising each year to a maximum of £27,401, according to age and academic qualification.
- Additional payment is made for teaching. A living-out allowance of £4,000 is made to those not living in college.
- A successful candidate travelling from outside the UK to take up a fellowship may claim travel and removal expenses up to a level agreed in advance with the Bursar of the College.
Eligibility Criteria for Junior Research Fellowship 2019
- Graduates of any university are eligible. Candidates will usually have completed their PhD and must not have undertaken more than 2 years of postdoctoral work by 01st October 2019 (i.e. your PhD cannot have been granted before 30th September 2017).
- To apply use the following link to go to the FAS website and create an application – https://app.casc.cam.ac.uk/fas_live/jrfimm.aspx
- Before the closing date, applicants must complete all sections of the online Fellowship Application and upload onto the website (PDF only) the following:
- A curriculum vitae (of no more than four A4 sides) including details of higher education, degrees awarded, positions held and a list of publications.
- A document (of no more than 1200 words in length) containing descriptions of your current research and of the research you propose to undertake during the Fellowship.
- Further information about the College may be obtained from the College website (www.kings.cam.ac.uk)
Important Dates for Junior Research Fellowship 2019
- Closing Date for Application is 09.00 am on 06th September 2018
- Applications received after this date and time will not be considered
- Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview on either 16th January 2019 or 17th January 2019
- The Fellowship will begin on 01st October 2019 and will run until 30th September 2023
King’s Parade, Cambridge CB2 1ST, Tel: +44 (0)1223 331100, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.kings.cam.ac.uk