J-PAL/CLEAR South Asia Fellowship for Young Researchers in India, 2018-19
J-PAL South Asia Fellowship 2018 – The J-PAL/CLEAR South Asia Research for Impact Fellowship aims to equip young development researchers with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to design and implement randomized evaluations for assessing the effectiveness of social policies and programs.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
Eligibility Criteria for J-PAL South Asia Fellowship
- The applicant must be registered in a university in India
- Be pursuing a PhD Program in Economics, Public Policy, Public Health or a related empirical field of study
- Have completed one year of a PhD program or equivalent PhD coursework
How the Research for Impact Fellowship works:
- September 11-December 04, 2018: Selected applicants will be awarded scholarships to complete the certified track of the online MITx Micro Masters Course Designing and Running Randomized Evaluations, in which they will learn how to design and implement randomized evaluations in the field to measure the impact of social programs.
- November/December 2018: Students selected for the above scholarship (Stage 1) and who complete the online training & proctored exam will be invited to attend a two-day training in India on measurement and survey design, led by J-PAL staff. In the training, they will build knowledge on primary data collection for implementing randomized evaluations in the field, including how to choose appropriate indicators, design good survey instruments, pilot and refine a survey, and develop field protocols.
- March–August 2019: Students who attended the in-person training (Stage 2) will be provided an opportunity to support an ongoing J-PAL randomized evaluation in India for a minimum of 2 months, enabling them to understand the practical aspects of setting up and implementing a randomized evaluation in the field. They will also receive mentoring from a senior Post-Doctoral Fellow at J-PAL South Asia.
- Last Date for Online Registration for Scholarship is 03rd September 2018
J-PAL – 400 Main Street, E19-201, Cambridge, MA 02142, (USA), +1 (617) 324-6566, firstname.lastname@example.org, Websitewww.povertyactionlab.org