> Scholarship 2018-19
> JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2019 for Higher Studies
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2019 for Higher Studies
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2019 for Postgraduate/ PhD/ Postdoctoral studies (Fall 2019- Spring 2020)
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2019 – JN Tata Endowment for Higher Education of Indians invites applications for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2019-20 from students who are willing to pursue full-time Postgraduate/PhD/Postdoctoral studies abroad in all fields.
Loan Scholarship Process
- The J. N. Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship to Indian nationals only at the beginning of the course for full time Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies/Research Fellowships studies abroad, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community
- The amount awarded as the loan scholarship ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-. All selected scholars do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount.
- A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
Also See: Scholarships 2019
Eligibility Criteria for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2019
- Applicants should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian University and have secured at least 60% in their last academic exam. Students in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply.
- Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters, at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2019-2020. However, they must update their applications status with the Endowment once they secure admission.
- Mid-career professionals not older than 45 years, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply
- Scholars going abroad for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for a J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship
Selection for the Awards
- It is a matter of pride to be called a JN Tata Scholar. Staying true to our founder Jamsetjee Username’s vision of rewarding the brightest and the best, we follow a rigorous selection process. Candidates may note the following points:
- Apart from consistent academic performance, we give importance to participation in both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- A good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS score is extremely important for those applying overseas. If you have received a low GRE score, it may be advisable to improve upon it, to increase your chances of receiving the loan scholarship.
- After the initial screening of applications, candidates are shortlisted to undergo an online test which will be based on the lines of Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), on Sunday, 14th April 2019
- Candidates should note that to be shortlisted for an interview is no guarantee of receiving the loan scholarship. The interview, conducted in person at Mumbai or through Skype by a Technical Committee from April onwards, carries the most weightage in the selection process
- There will be two interviewers, one of who is a subject-expert and the other is Director of the Endowment.
- All the Awards will be announced together latest by the first week of July by mail. The Trustees’ decision on the award of scholarships is final. Correspondence in this regard will not be entertained.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2019 Application Form
- Candidates have to download the application form (www.jntataendowment.org) fill it offline and submit it from the same email-id, which is mentioned in the application form, along with a scanned copy of the letter of recommendation (LOR).
- Applications should not be sent by post. Shortlisted candidates will be called in for a personal interview in Mumbai.
- For further details, visit the website link www.jntataendowment.org
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2019 Important Date
- Registration for the application form for Fall 2019- Spring 2020 will be available from 10th December 2018 onward