JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2020 for Postgraduate/ PhD/ Postdoctoral studies (Fall 2020- Spring 2021)
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2020 – JN Tata Endowment for Higher Education of Indians invites applications for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2020-21 from students who are willing to pursue full-time Postgraduate/PhD/Postdoctoral studies abroad in all fields.
Loan Scholarship Process
- The J. N. Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarships to Indian nationals at the beginning of their academic year for full time Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies/Research Fellowships abroad, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community.
- The amount awarded as the loan scholarship ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-. All selected scholars do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount.
- A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the partial travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
Eligibility Criteria for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2020
- Candidates should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian University and have secured at least 60% in their last academic examination.
- Candidates who are at the beginning of the second year of their overseas studies (fall 2020 – spring 2021) are also eligible to apply. This is applicable only for the minimum duration of course is 2 years.
- Candidates in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply.
- Scholars who have already awarded the JN Tata Endowment loan scholarship cannot apply again for the same course.
- Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2020-202.
- However they must update their applications status with the Endowment once they secure admission.
- Candidates not older than 45 years as on 30th June, 2020, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply.
- Candidates going overseas for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for theJ. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
Selection for the Awards
- It is a matter of pride to be called a JN Tata Scholar. Staying true to our founder JamsetjeeNusserwanjee’s vision of rewarding the brightest and the best, we follow a rigorous selection process. Candidates may note the following points:
- Apart from consistent academic performance, we give importance to participation in both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- A good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS score is extremely important for those applying overseas. If you have received a low GRE score, it may be advisable to improve upon it, to increase your chances of receiving the loan scholarship.
- The statement of purpose carries considerable weight in the selection process. We have provided some guidance on our website on how you can construct a good statement of purpose. Please ensure that your statement of purpose is written by you and free from plagiarism.
- After the initial screening of applications, candidates are shortlisted to undergo an online test which will be based on the lines of Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), on Sunday, 12th April, 2020.
- Candidates should note that to be shortlisted for an interview is no guarantee of receiving the loan scholarship.
- The technical interview, conducted in person at Mumbai or through skype by the Director of the Endowment and a subject expert, from April onwards, carries the most weight in the selection process. ‘Technical’ refers to evaluation of candidates’ understanding of their subjects – current and future.
- Candidates should come prepared with knowledge of their subjects and chosen areas of interest with any specialisation, as shown in their application for admission, as they will be examined in depth and detail. Greater weight will be given to depth of understanding of the chosen area of study and career path.
- Candidates in the beginning of the 2nd year would be assessed also on their first year/semester of the overseas studies.
- The final selection of scholars’ for the award of the loan scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- Performance at the interview;
- Score at the online test
- Score based on academic results, GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL scores, Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, research work, statement of purpose, and work experience.
- All the Awards will be announced together latest by the first week of July by mail. The Trustees’ decision on the award of scholarships is final. Correspondence in this regard will not be entertained.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2020 Application Form
- Candidates have to download the application form (www.jntataendowment.org) fill it offline and submit it from the same email-id, which is mentioned in the application form, along with a scanned copy of the letter of recommendation (LOR).
- Applications should not be sent by post. Shortlisted candidates will be called in for a personal interview in Mumbai.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2020 Important Dates
- Registration for the application forms for Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 will be available till Monday, 9th March, 2020, 12.00 noon
For further details, visit the website link www.jntataendowment.org