Indo-Japanese Joint Project on “Establishment of Young Researcher Fellowship Program 2018-19
INSA Young Researcher Fellowship Program 2018 – Indian National Science Academy invites applications from outstanding Indian scientists/researchers holding PhD Degree in Science (received in the last 6 years) and less than 40 years of age and having regular positions in recognized Indian S&T institutions/universities in any field of natural science (basic and applied), Engineering Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Health and Multidisciplinary Research on Science and Technology to visit Japan for period of 2 to 6 months under the Indo-Japanese Joint Project on “Establishment of Young Researcher Fellowship Program 2018-19” supported by DST, Govt. of India
Also See : Scholarships 2019
- The applicant should be Indian citizen, residing in India, and be a Postdoc and/or a scientist/faculty member working in a regular capacity in an UGC (University Grants Commission) recognized University/Deemed University/Academic Institute or National Research & Development Laboratory/Institute and actively engaged in research work in the related areas.
- Applicants must have been awarded their PhD degree and should be less than 40 years of age as on the last date of submission
- Applicants should not have availed any overseas fellowship in previous 3 years
- The applicant should have been accepted to work in an institute/laboratory in Japan to be visited. Such acceptance should be supported by a letter of invitation from the host Institution(s) commenting on the proposed collaboration
- The applicant should submit a detailed program of his/her collaborative research work to be conducted in consultation with the host scientist(s) in Japan
- All applications should be forwarded through proper channel by the employer/Head of the Institution.
- Selected candidate are required to sign Service Bond to the parent institute for a period of three (3) years. Candidate should check detail with their parent institute/university before applying
- The grant scheme is not to supplement or extend either study or sabbatical leave that is being conducted overseas. The proposed visit should initiate or consolidate long-term collaborations and facilitate the development of the applicant’s career
Field of Research
- Participation is open to all fields of Science & Technology/any field of natural science (basic and applied), engineering science, mathematics, statistics, health and multi-disciplinary research in science & technology will be considered
- Applicants engaged in multi-disciplinary research are invited to apply but should note that proposals for research solely in humanities, social or behavioral science are NOT eligible to apply
Duration of Fellowship
- Duration of Fellowship – 2 to 6 Months
- The duration of the fellowship must be for a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months
- Fellows are responsible for making their own travel, visa, insurance and accommodation arrangements, in consultation with the host institution as appropriate. The fellowship does not include support for bench fees and managerial costs
The detailed guidelines and application form including eligibility criteria are available on INSA website www.insaindia.res.in
- The hard copy of the duly filled application form endorsed by the Head of the Institution should reach the Academy latest by 15th September 2018 at this address: Deputy executive Director – I (Scientific), Indian National Science Academy, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002
- The soft copy (single pdf file) should be emailed to [email protected]
- Please include Name and Area of Research in the subject line of the email. The soft copy filename should be saved as Name of applicant Area of Research
- Last Date for Receiving Complete Applications is 15th September 2018
The Deputy Executive Director-I (Scientific)
Indian National Science Academy, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002, Phone No.: 011-23221931, Email: [email protected], Website www.insaindia.res.in
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more Scholarships.