Indian Oil and Simon Fraser University (SFU), Canada announces Fellowship 2018
Indian Oil and Simon Fraser University Fellowship 2018 – Indian Oil and Simon Fraser University (SFU), Canada, announces three "Indian Oil – Simon Fraser University (SFU) Canada Fellowship" for 2018 Intake.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
- No. of Research Fellow: 03 (Three)
- Areas of Fellow : Clean Energy, Hydrogen, Fuel Cell Technology, Natural Gas and Advanced Materials
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Oil and Simon Fraser University Fellowship 2018
- Candidates must have completed their Master’s degree from a recognized university in India in Chemistry or Electrochemistry or Chemical Engineering or Electrochemical Engineering.
- Candidate must have cleared all the exams from Graduation and Post graduation level in First Class scoring above 70% marks in the final exams for Engineering Streams and more than 80 % marks for masters in Chemistry / Electrochemistry
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have cleared CSIR/UGC-NET / GATE exam. However, in case the candidate joins the Fellowship he/she shall not be allowed to avail any other fellowship.
- The upper age limit for applying for the above fellowship is 28 years as on 30th September 2018
- Candidates will be required to fulfill SFU admission criteria for a doctoral degree in Eng. or Science (applicants will be required to provide evidence that demonstrates that they are capable of undertaking substantial original research (i.e. a copy of candidate’s B.Sc./M.Sc. thesis, particulars about research work over the past 18 months, with whom the candidate has been affiliated with, copies of research reports or papers authored or co-authored)
- Selected candidates will undertake 12 months of initial Course & Research work at Simon Fraser University (SFU), Canada and subsequently 3 years of PhD Research work in India
- The registration at SFU, Canada shall commence in May/ Sept. 2019
- Selected candidates will have to work under supervision of two guides. Topics relevant to IOCL /SFU will only be allowed for the fellowship.
- All selected applicants would be required to register for PhD at Simon Fraser University (SFU), Vancouver Canada and fulfill the requirements for PhD degree. They will receive a 100% Tuition fee award for four years and a stipend to the tune of CAD 13000 to support living expenses during the one-year stay in Canada
- IOCL would offer a fellowship amount which will be 25% more than the prevailing rate under CSIR Research Fellowship scheme as applicable, HRA @ 30% of the fellowship amount for the period of study in India
- Method of Selection will be interview at IOC R&D in presence of officials from IndianOil and SFU
- Candidate to be download Application form from the website https://www.sfu.ca/
- Completed typed / computer printed application forms along with Bio-data should be sent to the following address by ordinary post only
- The completed application in the prescribed format along with all relevant documents should be reach the General Manager (HR & AE), Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Research and Development Centre, Sector-13, Faridabad-121007, Haryana (India)
- No couriers will be accepted
- Method of Selection will be interview at IOC R&D in presence of officials from IOCL and SFU
- Please contact: Mr. Alok Sharma. DGM (AE) at 01292297684 for any clarification; details on SFU can be seen at https://www.sfu.ca/
Important Dates for Indian Oil and Simon Fraser University Fellowship 2018
- Last Date for receiving Applications: 03rd October 2018
Simon Fraser University (SFU) Faridabad
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Research & Development Centre, Sector-13, Faridabad-121007, Haryana, India, Website: www.sfu.ca, CGM (AE) at 01292297684