Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) New Delhi announces Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) 2023
ICHR Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023 – Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the Post Doctoral Fellowships of ICHR, duly filled application forms should reach the undersigned on or before 10.09.2023. The selected fellows will be awarded fellowship of Rs.30800/- per month and contingency grant of Rs.22000/- per annum for a period of two years.
ICHR Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
About the Program
- The maximum number of Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDF) available for the year 2023-2024 are 10 (ten) only, applying the usual reservation for SC, ST & PwD.
- The Fellowship shall be a whole-time engagement for research work and cannot be combined with any other whole-time or part-time work for details see Terms and Conditions in the ICHR Research Funding Rules booklet, ‘Chapter-II- Fellowships’ which is available in our official website (i.e. www.ichr.ac.in)
- The period of the Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of Two years only.
- The award of PDF will be through presentation-cum-interview.
- Last date for online submission : 10th September 2023
- Scholars who have shown significant competence in research work, having been awarded their PhD or have done equivalent research work of merit in History or its allied subjects, and desire to work on approved research themes at recognized Institutions of Research or Universities under the guidance of a Senior Scholar. The applicants for the Fellowship should be affiliated with a University or a research institute of repute.
- Eligible and interested scholars may apply in prescribed application form. The candidates are requested to download the application form, from our website (i.e. www.ichr.ac.in)
- A detailed synopsis (Five copies) on the proposed research topic should be submitted (both soft copy & hard copy) along with the application and requisite documents/certificates.
- The applicant should attach self attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, research/teaching experience and signed copy of check list etc., and to be sent by post to the following address: Member Secretary, Indian Council of Historical Research 35, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi –110001.
- And also, soft copy / electronic copy should be sent on email, [email protected] by 10.09.2023.
- Application Fee : Rs. 600/- (Rupees six hundred only)
- Mode of Payment : Demand Draft drawn in favour of the DDO, ICHR, payable at Delhi; [candidates belonging to SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) category are exempted from payment of the fee.
- On the basis of the experts’ assessment (if recommended), selected candidates shall be required to make a presentation on the proposed subject of research, before the selection Committee.
- The award of the Fellowship will be decided by a Committee of specialists, on the basis of the experts’ evaluation of the proposal and the presentation made by the candidate.
- The award of PDF will be through a presentation followed by an interview to be held at ICHR offices, (through online/offline mode). The date & venue will be announced in the website, please visit/check the ICHR website i.e. www.ichr.ac.in for further update.
For more details and apply, please visit the official website