IIT Madras announces Summer Fellowship Program 2019
IIT Madras Summer Fellowship Program 2019 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras, invites applications for its summer fellowship program for the academic year 2019
Summer Fellowship Programme 2019
- The IITM – Summer Fellowship Program of two months with stipend is designed to enhance awareness and interest in high quality academic research among young Engineering, Management, Sciences and Humanities students through a goal oriented summer mini-project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
Also see: Scholarships in India 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Madras Summer Fellowship Program 2019
- Candidates pursuing 3rd year of B.E./ B. Tech./B.Sc. (Engg) or 3rd or 4th year of Integrated M.E./M.Tech. Program, 1st year of ME/M.Tech/M.Sc./M.A, MBA with outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in university examinations are encouraged to apply.
- Highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained
- IIT students are not eligible to apply
Period of the Project
- Duration of the program may commence from 20th May 2019 to 19th July 2019 (Schedule may be flexible to suit student’s convenience).
- A sum of Rs.6000/- per month will be given as a stipend for a maximum period of 2 months
- Engineering Depts: Aerospace Engineering; Applied Mechanics; Bio Technology; Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Computer Science & Engineering; Engineering Design; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Metallurgical & Materials Engineering; Ocean Engineering
- Science Depts.: Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Management Studies
IIT Madras Summer Fellowship Program 2019 Application Form
- Application should be submitted online using the link available in www.sfp.iitm.ac.in
- There is no need to send hard copy to IIT Madras Generate a pdf file and keep it for your reference. Students need to fill the application forms properly. Incomplete forms will be rejected.
IIT Madras Summer Fellowship Program 2019 Important Date
- Last Date for Online Submission of Application Form: 28th February 2019 at 05.00 pm
Beside Adyar Cancer Institute, Opposite to C.L.R.I, Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036 Phone: 044 2257 8280, Website www.sfp.iitm.ac.in