IISER Kolkata announces Summer Student Research Program 2019
IISER Kolkata Summer Student Research Program 2019 – IISER Kolkata invites application for the Summer Student Research Program 2018 commencing from 20th May 2019
Objective for Summer Student Research Program
- To provide B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech and B.E. students of institutions or universities across India an opportunity of exposure to a research environment by associating them with one of the research groups of Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) during the summer vacation.
- The duration of summer research program of IISER-K is from 20th May to 12th July, 2019
See: Scholarships in India 2019
- ONLY applications submitted through the portal will be considered for Summer Internship 2019.
- Each selected candidate will be formally associated with a Faculty Member of the Institute.
- After joining, each candidate needs original certificate from currently affiliated organization (HoD/Supervisor, on letterhead) that she/he is not getting any other financial support.
- For funded interns, a consolidated Fellowship amount will be deposited in intern’s bank account directly at the end of the program.
- On-campus accommodation is mandatory, and is chargeable.
- Hostel Accommodation (Rs. 125.00 per week) and Bedding (Rs. 35.00 per day) charges for the duration of the entire stay need to be paid at the time of joining. Students can bring their own bedding.
- Access to computational and library facilities will be provided.
- Each candidate must submit a formal Joining report within 1 week of joining that has the details on Project Title, Bank Account details, and approval by selected Faculty Member. The address and bank account details (if any) submitted by the candidates will be treated final. The institute will not be liable for this information.
- Selected students should join the Program in no later than one week from 20th May.
- A participation certificate will be awarded at the end of the Program, subject to the submission of a Project Report.
- Students having KVPY/INSPIRE or any other summer research fellowship, and those selected under the Indian Academy of Sciences summer fellowship program will receive financial support from the respective sponsoring organization
- There is a provision for a limited number of IISER-K summer research fellowships, the details of which will be notified in due time. The Fellowship is of Rs.1250.00 per week or Rs. 10000.00 for eight weeks.
Centre for Advanced Functional Materials (CAFM)
- The Centre for Advanced Functional Materials (CAFM) at IISER Kolkata will fund two summer students, selected by a committee through special selection criteria.
- The selection will be done out of the applications made to the CAFM associated faculty supervisors, the list of which can be found here.
- The Fellowship of the CAFM funded summer students is of Rs.1750.00 per week or Rs. 14000.00 for eight weeks.
- Staying in campus accommodation throughout the period of visit is mandatory unless the research work requires travelling
- Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations applicable to the regular students of IISER-K
- Submission of a final work report is must for the award of completion certificate
IISER Kolkata Summer Student Research Program 2019 Application Process
- Candidates need to apply online at https://www.iiserkol.ac.in/~summer.research/
- For any queries on submission of online applications please write to email@example.com
IISER Kolkata Summer Student Research Program 2019 Important Dates
- Application portal opens: 15th February 2019
- Application portal closes: 8th March, 2019 at 4.00 PM
- Publication of list of selected candidates: 26th March 2019
- Last date of receiving confirmation from selected candidates: 3rd April, 2019
- Summer research program begins: 20th May 2019
- Summer research program ends: 12th July 2019
For more information visit the website: https://www.iiserkol.ac.in/~summer.research/
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata, Mohanpur – 741 246, West Bengal, India, Phone: +91-33-6634 0012, +91-33-6451 3294, website: www.iiserkol.ac.in