IIHS Bangalore Urban Fellows Program 2018
IIHS Bangalore Urban Fellows Program (UFP) 2018 for Graduates & Young Professionals
IIHS Bangalore Urban Fellows Program 2018- Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS), Bangalore invites applications for the Urban Fellows Program (UFP) 2018 for Graduates and young Professionals; UFP is nine (9) months fully funded teaching program, interdisciplinary fellowship.
About the UFP
- The UFP is a tuition-free, nine-month, full-time, interdisciplinary fellowship based at the IIHS City Campus in Bengaluru
- Within it lie both the opportunities of increased economic growth and employment as well as the challenges of persistent inequality, extreme deprivation and environmental degradation
- Application Deadline is 16th April 2018 (Monday, 18:00 hrs, IST)
- Timeline for the Admissions Procedure is as follows:
- Applications Open: 15th March 2018 (Thursday)
- Applications Close: 16th April 2018 (Monday 18:00 hrs, IST)
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to set up interview times and dates: 03rd Week of May 2018
- Selected and waitlisted candidates will be informed: End of June 2018
- Ideal applicants will have a Bachelor's Degree in any subject or discipline and their age should not exceed 30 years at the time of the UFP’s commencement. Therefore, applicants should be born on or after 01st August 1988
- Fellowship will consider non-degree training and certification programs completed after 10+2 schooling. Applicants without any formal education after their 10+2 may also apply, especially if they have experience of formal or informal work in urban sectors
- All candidates must have basic proficiency in reading English
- There is support available for candidates with limited speaking ability in English and they are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be Indian citizens
Fees and Costs
- During the Fellowship your cost of tuition, Exposure Visit travel and accommodation, and Project-related travel and accommodation will be fully covered.
- We will also subsidise your Accommodation and Board costs in Bengaluru during the first 7 months of the UFP, i.e. the in-class, taught component of the Fellowship
- The subsidised rate is INR 10,000/- per month all-inclusive* (conditions apply) which includes internet access, housekeeping services and laundry facilities
- Please note that all admitted Fellows will be asked to submit a Rs. 20,000/- deposit to secure their admission. This will be refunded upon successful completion of the Fellowship
- UFP guarantees a two-month internship for all Fellows in order to facilitate the transition from classroom learning to the complex world of work and practice
- Internships will be oered in Govt. Depts. & Public Institutions, private ﬁrms and practices, social movements, non-governmental organisations, research think-tanks, development sector organisations and planning and design ﬁrms, among others
- Applications can be submitted online (preferred) or by post
- There are four main elements to each application: (a) Basic Personal Information; (b) Educational Information; (c) Work /Internship/Volunteering Experience (if any); (d) Supporting Information and Documents
- A Personal Statement (700 words): In a city that you know, describe an urban problem that concerns or motivates you.
- To apply by post, mail your application to "The Admissions Committee, IIHS Bangalore City Campus, No. 197/36, 2nd Main Road, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore-560080"
- For further queries, send a mail to email@example.com or call 080-67606666 or visit the official website http://urbanfellows.iihs.co.in/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Website http://urbanfellows.iihs.co.in/
Click here or more Scholarships.