IIHS Bangalore announces Urban Fellows Program 2022 for Graduates & Young Professionals
IIHS Bangalore Urban Fellows Program 2022 – Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS), Bangalore invites applications for the Urban Fellows Program (UFP) 2022 for Graduates and young Professionals. UFP is a nine (9) months fully funded teaching program, interdisciplinary fellowship.
IIHS Bangalore Urban Fellows Program Dates 2022
- Applications open : 08 March 2022 (Tuesday)
- Applications close : 11 April 2022 (Monday 11:59 pm, IST)
- Shortlisting and Interviews : Late May 2022
- Selected and Waitlisted : June 2022
IIHS Bangalore Urban Fellows Program Eligibility Criteria 2022
- An ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject or discipline and their age should not exceed 30 years at the time of the UFP’s commencement.
- Therefore, candidates should be born on or after 1 August 1992. The Programme may, subject to facts and circumstances, consider non-degree training and certification programmes completed after 10+2 schooling.
- Candidates without any formal education after their 10+2 may also apply, especially if they have valuable experience of formal or informal work in urban sectors.
Fees and Scholarships
- The UFP is a scholarship-based, nine month, full-time, interdisciplinary and residential programme, delivered through seven months of in-class teaching at the IIHS City Campus in Bengaluru, followed by two months of internship placements in locations where a Fellow’s particular internship organization is located.
- Tuition fee for the UFP 2022-23 is INR 2.3 Lakhs + GST for the entire programme, payable in three installments over the year. This fee includes all costs of travel for the UFP on exposure visits as well as expenditure on local and intercity travel for UFP Practical and applied projects.
- All admitted Fellows will be required to pay a Rs 20,000 deposit to secure their admission which will be refunded at the end of the programme. Fellows in financial need can request a deposit waiver that will be considered on a case by case basis at the time of admission to the UFP.
- The UFP is committed to providing scholarships to candidates that receive admission, who are unable to pay the programme tuition, after a review of their financial needs. The programme is thus need-blind. A candidate’s selection and admission into the programme will not be affected by their ability to pay.
- In addition to scholarships that cover tuition fees, there are a limited number of stipends available to cover daily living expenses for candidates with significant financial need. Candidates wishing to be considered for this will have a chance to indicate so in the admission forms.
IIHS Bangalore Urban Fellows Program Application Process 2022
- Applications can be submitted online (preferred) or by post.
- Visit https://urbanfellows.iihs.co.in/ for online registration.
- There are four main elements to each application: (a) Basic Personal Information; (b) Educational Information; (c) Work /Internship/Volunteering Experience (if any); (d) Supporting Information and Documents
- A Personal Statement (700 words): In a city that you know, describe an urban problem that concerns or motivates you.
- To apply by post, this form should be downloaded, filled in, and posted to: The UFP Admissions Committee, IIHS Bengaluru City Campus, No. 197/36, 2nd Main Road,
- Sadashivanagar, Bengaluru 560 080
- For further queries, send a mail to email@example.com or call + 91 99012 55788, 96064 84336
- The two-step UFP admissions process is as follows:
- Written Application
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website