Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) Mumbai Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2019
IGIDR Post-Doctoral Fellowships 2019 – Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view.
About the Fellowship
- The Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) Programme has been instituted in IGIDR as part of its outreach activities. Its objective is to support high quality research by scholars with a doctoral degree and an outstanding academic record.
- Up to three fellowships are available per year. The fellowships are granted for an initial period of one year, which can be extended by a maximum of one more year.
See: Scholarships in India 2019
Amount of Fellowship
- Post-Doctoral Fellows will receive a consolidated amount of Rs.70,000/- per month for a maximum period of two years.
- The fellowship will be granted for an initial period of one year, and conditional on satisfactory progress of the researcher, the fellowship will be extended to one more year. Post-Doctoral Fellows will be provided campus accommodation depending on availability.
- In case of junior faculty who come on leave and whose salary exceeds the fellowship amount, IGIDR may consider salary protection up to the scale of lecturer/assistant professor subject to the discretion of the Director.
Eligibility Criteria for IGIDR Post Doctoral Fellowships 2019
- Applicants should be resident Indians, under 40 years of age, secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent in the Masters degree, and should have obtained a Ph.D. degree in the broad areas of Economics or Energy and Environment Policy.
- Candidates who have completed their Ph.D. thesis in the last two years, and/or employed as junior faculty in academic institutions, and/or have strong publication records are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates will be selected based on an evaluation of their application, proposal and an interview conducted at IGIDR.
- The final admission to the programme will be subject to necessary approval from the parent institution of the candidates if applicable.
See: National Scholarship 2019
IGIDR Post Doctoral Fellowships 2019 Application From
- Completed application should include:
- Curriculum vitae, including the list of publications, if any.
- Synopsis of the applicant’s Ph.D. thesis, (if need be, the applicant should be prepared to send a copy of the thesis).
- Proposed plan of post-doctoral work at IGIDR (not exceeding 3 pages).
- One ‘Writing Sample’ which could be an article or a scholarly paper published/presented in academic journals/conferences or extracts from the applicant’s past academic work.
- Two recommendations, of which one should be from the applicant’s Thesis Supervisor, and
- Photocopy of the Ph.D. degree certificate or a certificate from the applicant’s university registrar/head of the department stating that the applicant has been provisionally awarded the Ph.D. degree.
- In case of junior faculty working in academic institutions, applications should be routed through proper channel. An advance copy of the application may be sent to IGIDR for consideration.
- Recommendation letter(s) must be signed by the referee(s) and then should be uploaded, else please inform referees to send it directly to the email id firstname.lastname@example.org
IGIDR Post Doctoral Fellowships 2019 Important Dates
- Applicants have to apply online via the IGIDR website www.igidr.ac.in/pdf2019 by 12th August 2019.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified via email by 26th August 2019 and will have to appear for a personal interview in the second/third week of September 2019.
- Candidates selected for the programme will be notified by the last week of September 2019 and selected candidates will have to accept the offer within seven days of its receipt.
- The joining date for the programme is 7th October 2019.
Address for Communication:
- Ms. Martha Lobo, Post-Doctoral Fellowship Programme, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Gen. A. K. Vaidya Marg, Goregaon East, Mumbai 400065, Email: email@example.com, Phone: +91-22-28416585