International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) announce Post Doctoral Fellowship 2019 in Physics and Mathematics
ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship 2019 – The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS-TIRF) Bengaluru invites applications for regular Postdoctoral Positions in Physics and Mathematics for the year 2019-20
The positions are nominally for two years from the time of joining with possibility of extension for the third year.
Also See : Scholarships
- International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (ICTS-TIFR), Bengaluru host vibrant in-house postdoctoral program. Founded in 2007, ICTS is a new initiative in Indian science.
- It is conceived to contribute to the growth of excellence in the basic sciences through its programs, interactions and cross-fertilization between disciplines. ICTS provides a platform and infrastructure to organize various activities in theoretical natural sciences and mathematics.
- Current research spans the following broad areas:
- Complex systems: Nonlinear dynamics and Data assimilation, Statistical physics, Fluid dynamics and turbulence, Condensed matter physics, Physical biology;
- Space-time physics: String theory and Quantum field theory, Astrophysical relativity;
- Mathematics: Differential geometry, Mathematical physics, Dynamical systems, Data assimilation, Monsoon dynamics, Analysis of partial differential equations and applications. Other areas under active consideration are cosmology, multiscale and complex systems including interfaces with theoretical biology, computer science and computational sciences with strong interface to other research areas at ICTS.
- ICTS invites application for various postdoctoral positions twice every year, once in summer (typical deadline for application: June) and then in fall (typical deadline for application: December). Interested candidates should apply online. Applications received after the deadline may also be considered till the positions are filled.
Duration of fellowships:
- Initial appointments will be for a period of two years, which will be renewable for the third year in exceptional cases after an academic review.
See: PHD Admission
Eligibility Criteria for ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship 2019
- Applicants are invited from highly motivated young scientists with PhDs in theoretical physics, mathematics, astronomy, theoretical physical chemistry, theoretical physical biology and related fields.
- Individuals who have submitted their doctoral thesis are also encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits
- For regular fellowship positions, the monthly salary structure is Rs.32000 INR (for thesis submitted), Rs.47000 INR (PhD), Rs.49000 INR (PhD + 1 year) and Rs.54000 INR (PhD + 2 years).
- Each fellow also receives an annual contingency grant as per norms. In addition, the following are eligible for ICTS accommodation (for compensation towards Housing Rent Allowance (HRA) as per current norms) and medical benefits.
ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship 2019 Application Process
- Interested candidates can Apply Online with their CV, list of publications, a research proposal (not more than two pages) and a covering letter (PDF). The applicants also need to arrange at least two recommendation letters for this position.
- Candidates should apply online at https://applications.icts.res.in/postdoc and www.icts.res.in/academic/postdoctoral-fellowships
ICTS Bangalore Post Doctoral Fellowship 2019 Important Dates
- The last date to apply is: 31st December 2019
ICTS-International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (TIRF), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research , Survey No. 151, Shivakote, Hesaraghatta Hobli, Bengaluru – 560 089, India, Phone: +91 80 4653 6000, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.icts.res.in