NDRI Karnal announce ICAR Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) Scheme 2019-20
ICAR Post-Doctoral Fellowship Scheme 2019 – National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI), Karnal has invited applications for ICAR – Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) Scheme at NDRI, Karnal for 2019-20.
ICAR Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- The ICAR Post-Doctoral Fellowship (ICAR-PDF) is a new programme under the ongoing ‘Strengthening and Development of Higher Agricultural Education in India’ Scheme of Agricultural Education Division (ICAR) to support the bright and talented researchers to pursue Post-Doctoral programme to build capacity in frontier areas of National interest in Dairy & Animal Sciences.
No. of Fellowships
- Under this programme, 5 (five) PDFs will be hosted at NDRI, Karnal during 2019-20
Fellowship Duration & Amount
- The duration of the fellowship is one year with a Fellowship amount of Rs.75,000/- per month and research grant of Rs.2,00,000/-. The fellowship amount would be over and above the salary amount received by the awardees and the amount would be taxable as per Govt. of India rules.
- The research grant can be used for the purchase of minor equipment, consumables, contingencies and domestic travel. There is no provision for providing contractual manpower (RA/SRF/YP) support under this scheme. The expenditure on purchases of minor equipment, consumables, contingencies and domestic travel, shall be incurred after following codal formalities and within the ambit of relevant rules.
- The fellowship along with research grant will be released in two instalments. The fellows are not eligible to receive any other fellowship from any Government or Non-Governmental source during the tenure of the fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria for ICAR Post-Doctoral Fellowship Scheme 2019
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have obtained Ph.D. degree (with course work) from a recognized University and should be working (in service) in an institution under ICAR-AU System.
- He/she should have completed a minimum of three years of service (including clearance of probation) in regular capacity as a Scientist or equivalent in ICAR-AUs system working in any area of Teaching/Research/Extension.
- The upper age limit for the fellowship is 40 years on the last date of submission of application. Age relaxation of five years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged and Women candidates.
- Mentor must hold a regular academic/research position in concerned ICAR-DU having a Ph.D. degree and should be a faculty member.
- The mentor must have a minimum of 10 years of service experience in the relevant area of work with the experience of guiding minimum of 2 Ph. D. students.
- A Mentor shall not have more than two ICAR-PDF fellows at any given time.
- The candidates of ICAR-DUs are not eligible to apply for Post-Doctoral Fellowship in the same ICAR-DU.
- Applicants will be evaluated based on parameters/weighted scale by taking into account the relevance of the area of study, the proposed research plan, academic records, achievements and their past work experience
- The applicants will be called for personal interview/presentation of research plan by the Selection Committee.
- Once selected, the applicant must register for the programme as per the schedule, date and time intimated by the respective ICAR- DU. In case of delay, the offer will get terminated automatically and no separate communication towards cancellation will be issued. At time of joining he/she has to give an undertaking as per the format at Appendix-1 of Annexure-I, given as part of the Notification
- During the Program, the awardees shall not hold any other responsibility/ post/position/work and need to devote his/her full time for the proposed research work.
ICAR Post-Doctoral Fellowship Scheme 2019 Application Process
- Applications format is available as Annexure C at NDRI website http://www.ndri.res.in/
- The applicant should highlight the objectives, outline of the proposed research work and its utility to the parent Institute.
- Kindly send the application of the suitable candidates, both soft ([email protected]; [email protected]
- Hard copy through proper channel, complete in all respect as per the Proforma (Annexure-C) and Guidelines enclosed with the circular and also available at NDRI/ Institute website http://www.ndri.res.in/, so as to reach the Academic Coordinator, ICAR-NDRI, Karnal-132001 latest by 10th December 2019.
- The Institute will not be responsible for any postal delay.
- The applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
ICAR Post-Doctoral Fellowship Scheme 2019 Important Dates
Last Date to Receive the Application
10th December 2019
For more details, visit the official website http://www.ndri.res.in/