Summer Research Fellowship (SRFP) Program 2020
IAS Bangalore Summer Research Fellowship 2020 – Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru, Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi and The National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad invites applications for various two (2) months Summer Research.
The three national Science Academies offer several two-month Summer Fellowships to enable students/teachers (studying/teaching in India) to work with scientists associated with the three Academies during 2020.
Also See: Scholarships
- Approximately 400 such fellowships to students and 100 fellowships to teachers are offered every year with travel and living expenses paid.
- Academy means Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru. Academies mean Indian Academy of Sciences (Bengaluru), Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi), and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Allahabad).
Eligibility Criteria for IAS Bangalore Summer Research Fellowship 2020
Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc (II year only)
- BPharm (III and IV years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- BArch (II, III and IV years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
- Teachers must be teaching in a College/University.
- The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above for students.The minimum Percentage of average marks does not apply for teachers.
- PhD students are not eligible.
- Applicants who have availed the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
See: National Scholarship
- The selected candidates will be informed along with the concurrence of the guide by February-March 2020
- The selected students/teachers will be given appropriate round trip train fare and a monthly fellowship to meet their living expenses at the place of work.
IAS Bangalore Summer Research Fellowship 2020 Application Form
- The three national Science Academies offer several two-month Summer Fellowships to enable students/teachers (studying/teaching in India) to work with scientists associated with the three Academies during 2020.
- A copy of the application format, instructions to applicants including eligibility criteria, and a list of names of scientists/faculty who have consented to guide students/teachers to work on short-term projects is displayed in the online application
The application should include:
- The application form in the prescribed format; (b) scanned copies of marksheets from class X till the last examination; (c) a write-up (in about 150-250 words) as to what the applicant wants to learn and achieve. Student applicants should provide the email id of one of their teachers or HoD familiar with their work.
- The Academy will approach them for a recommendation letter in the prescribed format. The selected candidate should work with the assigned guide for two months any time during the calendar year, preferably during the summer.
- Both student and teacher applicants must upload scanned versions of mark sheets from class X till the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of each marks sheet should not exceed 700 kb).
- Applications should be submitted by logging onto one of our websites [www.ias.ac.in; http://www.insaindia.res.in and www.nasi.org.in].
IAS Bangalore Summer Research Fellowship 2020 Important Dates
- The last date for receipt of applications online is 30 November 2019
Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS), Bengaluru
The Coordinator, Science Education Programmes, Indian Academy of Sciences, CV Raman Avenue, Near Mekhri Circle, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore-560080, Website www.ias.ac.in