Himachal Pradesh National Means-Cum-Merit (NMMS) / H.P State Talent Search Examination (NTSE-1) 2019
HP Solan Mean-cum-Merit Scholarship 2019 – Application are invited for Centre Govt. (MHRD) Sponsored NMMS Examination 2019-20 to be conducted on 003rd November 2019 at 41 Centres of the State.
In this scheme a scholarship of rupees 1000/- per month is awarded to 832 students of Himachal Pradesh provided the fulfil minimum eligibility conditions
Also See: Scholarships 2019
NMMS Exam 2019
- State Council of Educational Research & Training, Solan (Himachal Pradesh) will propose to hold National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) for Class VIII approximately around the month of November at various Centers in Himachal Pradesh
- The NMMS examination is conducted every year by SCERT, it was launched in 2008 by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development with the objective to award scholarships to the meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at the secondary stage
- Ministry of Human Resource and Development has launched National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme to award 1,00,000 scholarships to the meritorious students whose parental income is less than Rs. 1.5 lakh per year.
- Himachal Pradesh has been allotted quota of 832 scholarships out of which 15% scholarships will be alloted to SC, 7.5% to ST and 3% to Physically Challenged Group (PCG)/Children with special needs (CWSN).
- The scholarship will be paid from class IX to XII. The amount of scholarship is Rs. 1000/- (Per month) subject to the condition that he/she secures 55% or more marks in 8th, 9th, 10+1 & 60% in class 10th.
- Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST/PCG. The awardee of the Scholarship has to continue his/her education only in Govt./Local Body/Govt. aided private schools.
- Application Form downloaded from our website 07th August 2019
- Last Date of Submission of Forms: 07th September 2019
- Date of NTSE-I Examination: 03rd November 2019 (Sunday)
- Date of NTSE-II Examination: 10th May 2020 (Sunday)
See: Latest Entrance Exam Notification
- Any regular student of Class VIII in the academic session 2019-2020 can appear provided he/she has secured 55% or more marks on aggregate in Class VII relaxable by 5% for SC/ST/PCG.
- The student should be studying in Govt./Local Body/95% Govt. aided private school.
- The parental income of the candidate should be less than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum (income certificate issued by SDM/Tehsildar/Naid Tehsildar must be attached in the original).
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST must attach an attested copy of SC/ST certificate issued by SDM/Tehsildar/Naib Tehsildar.
- Candidates belonging to CWSN Category (Children with special needs) should attach a photocopy of the Certificate issued by CMO (Chief Medical Officer). The extent of physical disability should be 40% or above.
- A self-addressed stamped envelop bearing stamp of Rs. 5/- be attached with the application form otherwise admit card will not be sent.
- The examination will be conducted in two sessions on the same day.
- Candidates will have to take the examination as per the details are given below.
Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) which includes test in Language comprehensive and Aptitude Test separately.
- Students shall have to opt for English or Hindi in LT.
- Each question carries 1 mark. There will be no negative marking at state level exam.
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) – 90 & 90 Duration – 90
- Scholarship Aptitude Test (SAT) – 90 & 90 Duration – 90
- The following selection procedure is as per last year information!!!
- The selection process for the award of NMMS scholarship has one stage only.
- The examination will comprise of three tests namely Mental Ability Test (MAT), Language Test (LT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- There will be no negative marking.
- The minimum qualifying marks for general category candidates shall be 40% and for SC/ST/PCG is 32%.
- For the selection of candidates for award of scholarship, district wise merit will be prepared as per quota and norms.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to those selected candidates who secure 55% or more marks in class VIII. There will be a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST/PCG.
- Candidates will able to obtain the Application form for Himachal Pradesh NMMS 2019 from the official website www.himachalservices.nic.in
- Candidates must ensure that they fill the form very carefully, any corrections or errors will not be entertained later. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and read the instruction carefully before filling the Application form. The registration process and other related details such as documents required are explained below.
- Registration for the examination will be made through the school heads only and not by the students individually.
- Two copies of Registration-cum-Admit card, one for SCERT and the other for the institutional records, are to be filled.
- A consolidated list of the students, must also be sent along with their Registration-cum-Admit cards.
- Finally, the institution will have to register all the successful candidates on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) immediately after the result or as soon as the portal is activated by the MHRD. If need be, the services of the Complex Schools (GSSS) may be availed for this purpose.
Application / Exam Fee
- As per last year information!!!
- Rs. 40/- for General Category
- Rs. 30/- for SC/ST/PCG
- Documents for the use of SCERT, Solan
- Registration-cum-Admit card
- Detailed marks list of class VII (photocopy).
- Latest income certificate(photocopy) i.e. class VIII to class XII. (original copy only)
- Category certificate(photocopy)
- CWSN category certificate from CMO (photocopy)
Documents for a school-record and online uploading.
- Registration-cum-Admit card
- Detailed marks list of class VII, VIII, IX, X, and XI.
- Latest income certificate of all subsequent years Category certificate(photocopy).
- CWSN category certificate from CMO (photocopy) 5 CWSN category certificate from CMO, (photocopy).
- Student’s Aadhar number.
- Student’s Bank details (i.e. Account number, IFSC
- Code, photocopy of the relevant pages of the pass book).
- Details as per the National Scholarship Portal