A.S. Hornby Educational Trust announces Hornby Scholarships 2019 in UK
Hornby Scholarships 2019 – A.S. Hornby Educational Trust pleased to announce the opening of the recruitment process for the A.S. Hornby Educational Trust Scholarships for study in the UK between October 2019 and September 2020
Also See : Scholarships
About the A.S. Hornby Educational Trust
- The Trust was set up by A.S. Hornby in 1961 to support English language teaching worldwide. A.S. Hornby had a distinguished career in ELT and developed the Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary, which is still published in its 9th edition by Oxford University Press. The Trust is a registered charity in the UK
- The A.S. Hornby Educational Trust scholarships are awarded every year to English language teachers from outside the UK to study for a Masters degree in English Language Teaching (ELT) at the University of Warwick
Eligibility Criteria for Hornby Scholarships 2019
- Eligible applicants for the scholarship award must have at least two years’ full-time ELT experience and a full university degree and must be a citizen of an eligible country.
- The Hornby Scholarships are intended to support experienced English language teachers who have the potential to make a significant future contribution to English language teaching and teachers in their countries on their return from the UK
The scholarships fund study on the one-year MA TESOL at the University of Warwick.
- The scholarships fund all the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses, tuition fees, return air tickets, visa and IELTS test costs
Selection Process for Hornby Scholarships 2019
Applicants are selected by a four-stage process.
- In the first stage, the quality of the application form is assessed
- In the second stage, selected applicants are invited for interview at a British Council office in their country of origin
- In the third stage, selected applicants apply to the university
- In the fourth stage, the applicant is accepted by the university. Only at this stage is the scholarship award confirmed with the applicant
Hornby Scholarships 2019 Application Form
- Applicants who are long-listed on the basis of their application will be invited to interview in their local British Council office. If successful at interview, applicants will then be shortlisted, with the final selection being made by a panel of Hornby Trust trustees and British Council staff.
- If you are interested in applying for a Hornby scholarship, please visit this web page, where you can find information about the scholarships and access the application form.
- See here for further information about the Hornby Trust and here for further information about the Masters in TESOL at the University of Warwick.
For more details please refer the Website: https://www.britishcouncil.in/study-uk/scholarships/charles-wallace-trust/hornby
Hornby Scholarships 2019 Dates
- Deadline for Receipt of Applications is 12.00 midday UK time / 17.30 India time on Monday 10th December 2018