Himalayan Institute of Live Learnings Fellowships in Ladakh 2019 Apply Online!
Himalayan Institute of Live Learnings Fellowships in Ladakh 2019 – The HILLs (Himalayan Institute of Live Learnings) Fellowship is a 11 Month Program that aims to empower the youth from mountain communities, particularly from the Hindukush-Himalayas (Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Bangladesh & China) with environmentally sustainable solutions relevant specifically to those living in mountainous regions. This is a residential course.
Candidates need to declare their elective in the application form. HILLS have 15 seats each for Responsible Tourism and Sustainable Habitats.
Also see : Scholarships 2019
- The HILLs Fellowship is open to graduates of all ages and all streams. (10th Mathematics required, 12th Mathematics preferred)
Selection Criteria & Process
- Stage 1: Screening of application form for eligibility
- Stage 2: Screening of Statement of Purpose and big idea (submitted in application form*)
- Stage 3: Skype interview
- Stage 4: 6 day camp in Leh
- The HILLs Fellowship applicants are evaluated on a combination of curiosity, passion, grit and the need to explore beyond the prescribed curriculum.
Cost & Scholarship
- Total Program Fee (Tuition, Boarding & Lodging): Rs. 250000/-
- Students will pay only Rs. 60,000 /- for both the years towards Boarding & Lodging (Rs. 5000 /- per month).
- The balance of Rs. 1,90,000/- will be subsidised by the Institute as follows:
- The students will pay Rs. 1,90,000 (100% interest free loan facilities will be facilitated by HIAL for the students) at the beginning of the program.
- This amount of Rs. 1,90,000/- or more can be earned back by them as internship stipend in the 11 months of the program based on their merit and skill in works.
Application Form for Himalayan Institute of Live Learnings Fellowships in Ladakh 2019
- Click here to apply online.
- In Stage 1 the applicants will be evaluated on the application form for eligibility.
- Then, the qualified applicants *Application form will be revisited to evaluate the submitted Statement of Purpose and the Big Idea.
- The qualified applicants will be called for a Skype interview in Stage 3.
- For further details on the same, https://hial.edu.in/
- Last Date for Submitting Application Form: 14th January 2019
- Skype Interview: 03rd week of January 2019
- 6-day camp in Leh: 11th – 16th March 2019
- Results: 25th March 2019
- Program begins: 22nd April 2019