Home >> Scholarships 2019 >>
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2019
IRISH Research Council announces Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme 2019
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 – Applications are invited for Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships available for researchers across all disciplines for 2019 year. Fellows may hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Also See : Scholarships
Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the overview, eligibility, all the important links, dates, application procedure and such below:
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019
- This program aims to support suitably qualified applicants in any discipline to pursue a postdoctoral fellowship at an eligible higher education institution in Ireland. Fellows will hold a Govt. of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- These fellowships can be held for either one or two years
- The Govt. of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council.
- This scheme is intended to support suitably qualified applicants at an early stage of their postdoctoral career to associate with established research teams who have achieved international recognition for their work.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research program
- Study Subject: Irish Research Council Government of Ireland schemes are open to all disciplines.
- The total value of the Govt. of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship will be up to a maximum of €45,925 in any approved year and will consist of the following:
- A salary of €31,275 per annum (prior to income tax and social deductions) within the funding term;
- Employer’s contribution to Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) costs of €3,395 (@ 10.85% of salary)
- Employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 (@ 20% of salary). For further information on pension eligibility, please refer to policies outlined by the host organisation.
- Eligible direct research support expenses of €5000 per annum to enable the fellow to carry out the research project. Please see appendix 1 for guidance on what is considered eligible direct research cost
- The maximum that can be spent in any year of a Govt. of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship is €45,925, plus any unspent balance of eligible direct research support expenses carried over from the previous year of the Fellowship in the case of a 2 year award. Apart from this, funds may not be carried forward from one year to the next
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019
- The applicant must secure his/her doctoral degree within the five-year period before 31 May 2019. The applicant must be certified of fulfilling the requirements for the award of the doctoral degree within the five years, including the submission of the hardbound corrected thesis, but not have graduated yet
- The applicant must have authored or co-authored at least one research paper reviewed by a peer or provided samples of their written research work or demonstrable equivalent intellectual property output. The applicant must not have applied unsuccessfully twice for the program
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 Application Form
- Documentation related to the 2019 Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship call will be released shortly. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
- Eligible candidates can apply online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Applicant must add the email address ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to his/her contact before starting the registration process.
- Step 2: Now, click here to open the registration page and fill it to register as the new user.
- Step 3: Upon registering, a username and password are generated.
- Step 4: Click here and login on the Irish Research Council Online Application System by using the given username and password.
- Step 5: Now, click on ‘Open Calls’ to create a new application form.
- Step 6: Fill all the required sections.
- Step 7: Upload the necessary documents.
- Step 8: Finally, review the application and then, submit the form.
- For more information, click here
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019 Dates
- FAQ Deadline: 21st November 2018
- Application Deadline: 29th November 2018
- Mentor and Referee Deadline: 06th December 2018
- Research office endorsement Deadline: 13th December 2018
- Final Result: End of April 2019
- Start Date of the fellowship: 01st October 2019