IRISH Research Council announces Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme 2020
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020 – Applications are invited for Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships available for researchers across all disciplines for 2020 year.
Fellows may hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship. Interested candidates can check out all of the details on the overview, eligibility, all the important links, dates, application procedure and such below:
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020
- This program aims to support suitably qualified applicants in any discipline to pursue a postdoctoral fellowship at an eligible higher education institution in Ireland. Fellows will hold a Govt. of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- These fellowships can be held for either one or two years
- Govt. of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council.
- This scheme is intended to support suitably qualified applicants at an early stage of their postdoctoral career to associate with established research teams who have achieved international recognition for their work.
Also See: Scholarships
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research program
- Study Subject: Irish Research Council Government of Ireland schemes are open to all disciplines.
- a salary of €31,275 per annum
- employer’s PRSI contribution of €3,425 per annum (10.95% of salary)
- employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 per annum (20% of salary)
- eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020
- The applicant must secure his/her doctoral degree within the five-year period before 31st May 2020.
- The applicant must be certified of fulfilling the requirements for the award of the doctoral degree within five years, including the submission of the hardbound corrected thesis, but not graduated yet.
- The applicant must have authored or co-authored at least one research paper reviewed by a peer or provided samples of their written research work or demonstrable equivalent intellectual property output. The applicant must not have applied unsuccessfully twice for the program.
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020 Application Process
- Documentation related to the 2020 Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship call will be released shortly. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
- Eligible candidates can apply online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Applicant must add the email address ‘email@example.com’ to his/her contact before starting the registration process.
- Step 2: Now, click here to open the registration page and fill it to register as the new user.
- Step 3: Upon registering, a username and password are generated.
- Step 4: Click here and login on the Irish Research Council Online Application System by using the given username and password.
- Step 5: Now, click on ‘Open Calls’ to create a new application form.
- Step 6: Fill all the required sections.
- Step 7: Upload the necessary documents.
- Step 8: Finally, review the application and then submit the form.
See: National Scholarship
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020 Important Dates
- FAQ Deadline: 20th November 2019
- Application Deadline: 27th November 2019
- Mentor and Referee Deadline: 04th December 2019
- Research office endorsement Deadline: 11th December 2019
- Final Result – End of May 2020
- Start Date of the fellowship: 01st October 2020
For more information, click here