Sahaj Foundation, Himachal Pradesh announces Disha Parivartan Fellowship 2019
Disha Parivartan Fellowship 2019 – Sahaj Foundation is pleased to announce ‘Disa Parivartan Fellowship’ to financially support social leaders who are presently working for the benefit of economically or socially disadvantaged sections of the Indian society residing anywhere in slums, rural or tribal areas of the country.
About the Organization
- Sahaj Foundation aims to facilitate individuals in rural communities to live in harmony with their to lead a peaceful and meaningful life. The idea is to work on creating a space that will help people come over the mental poverty that exists today on a vast scale.
The Objective of the Fellowship
- The financially support early-stage Social Leaders who are working for the benefit of economically or socially disadvantaged sections of Indian Society, residing anywhere in slums, rural or tribal areas of the country.
- The purpose of the fellowship is to identify and support two social leaders by providing them a monthly support of Rs 10,000 each for their daily sustenance for a period of 2 years (+1 year based on requirement and commitment); with an understanding that while they continue to work full-time on their initiatives, they would be able to find a practical way to self-sustain their efforts post the fellowship.
Disha Parivartan Fellowship 2019 Important Dates
- Application Deadline: 31st December, 2019
- Selection Process: 1st January 2020- 31st March 2020
- Fellowship Duration: April 2020 – March 2022 (2 Years)
- Consideration for 1-year extension: March 2022
- Extended Fellowship duration: April 2022 – March 2023 (1 Year)
Eligibility Criteria for Disha Parivartan Fellowship 2019
- Any Social Leader who is presently working for the benefit of economically or socially disadvantaged section of the Indian society residing anywhere in slums, rural or tribal areas of the country, and who:
- Is engaged in his/her present social initiative full-time for minimum one year. The social initiative must be an original idea of the applicant and must be a non-profit.
- Is willing to work full time in his/her social initiative for the entire duration of the fellowship
- Envisions to promote a healthy value system, thereby encouraging compassion, social and economic equality, justice, secularism, co-operation etc
- Is able to provide details on how he/she is sustaining at the time of making the application
- Is able to provide a realistic plan of how he/she will become self-sustaining at the end of the fellowship to continue the work
- Is 22 years of age or older (Born on or before March 31, 1998)
- The social leaders who have registered their own organization for their initiatives shall be given preference for the fellowship.
- For the ones who have not registered their organization at the time of making an application for the fellowship, our team shall either ask them to register or try to understand their reasons for not filing a registration, just in case they have any ideological reasons for the same.
- If the team finds mentioned ideological reasons satisfactory, it shall consider the application for the fellowship.
- Round 1: Application Form Screening
- Round 2: Telephonic Interview
- Round 3: Field Visit to understand on ground presence of the initiative
- Applicants can apply online at http://www.sahajfoundation.in/application-form-for-dpf-english.html or can download the application form available on the website to apply offline.
- All financial transactions during the course of the fellowship shall be processed through bank accounts. – All legal proceedings shall fall under the jurisdiction of High Court of Himachal Pradesh.